Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RovingEye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Spain
Is it possible to mirror an Air's screen, via a LAN network to an Apple TV in a different room? They will be on the same network, of course.
Sorry if this seems a silly question.

I have yet to quire either unit, so they will be the latest versions of both.

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Yes. You can use Airplay mirroring on OSX 10.8 to mirror your screen either wired or wirelessly.

You can also only push videos/music as well if you dont want to push the entire screen.

RovingEye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Spain
Pyromonkey83, many thanks for that information.
Whatever is on the screen, from whatever source, can be mirrored?

You were very quick!

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
I believe so yes. So far I have not seen any issues with DMCA or the like for mirroring. You shouldn't ever see any since it doesn't pass through HDMI directly, therefore the DMCA violation is never tripped.

Enjoy it! It's my favorite feature of Mountain Lion =]

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
If you go through iTunes, you will find a button in the lower right hand corner (looks the same as your iPhone, assuming you have one) for airplay to an Apple TV. I believe Safari also has this functionality built in, as does the iWork suite (Pages, Keynote, Numbers).

There are also apps you can download that will allow you to push anything from any source/window, but I don't know any names of the top of my head.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.