Why is this forum not under Programming? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:48 AM   #1
shootingrubber
macrumors regular

Why is this forum not under Programming?

<rant>

Sure, web design is part of "Visual Media", but if any of you try to say that web development is part of "Visual Media" then you're out to lunch. There is quite a large difference between web development and web design. Sure you need both for a website to be useable, but there's always some sort of programming involved. Web development, in a lot of cases, requires a large backend implementation. I don't understand how developing any kind of website that requires user interaction can be considered "Visual Media". It's not at all.

This forum should be under programming, as developing a website in todays world requires a nice UI, but more importantly (in a lot of cases) a sophisticated backend implementation that handles all of the important data. Save for a static website, every other website needs a backend, and how that is not considered programming is beyond me.

I could go on all day. Want a members only section? Want a contact form? Want a private messaging system? Want an admin panel? Want a UI to be able to edit or add posts to a blog? Want comments? Want to store data in a database? Needs a backend. Therefore, it needs "Programming".

This forum should be under Programming.

</rant>
shootingrubber is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development