Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:00 AM   #1
afroironman
macrumors newbie

How can I run two Skype accounts on a Mac?

I would like to run second instance of iMessage on my Mac so I and my sister can use our iMessages at one Mac user account.

I'm trying to use few methods, like

1) http://www.marcomc.com/2010/10/how-t...with-mac-os-x/

2) Peek-o-Matic http://www.schuderer.net/scripts.shtml

But when they all second instance of Messages, it have same user logged in as first one and after logging out first instance make logout too.

Is there are any way to make it work as it works with skype? http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/Ho...ac/td-p/169126
afroironman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:16 AM   #2
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

I don't have a simple proposal but two and a half standard-out-of-the-handbook solutions.

1) Create more then one user if you don't need to be at the same time in iMessage.
The downside of course would be that the logged off user wouldn't get notification. All messages would come once user got logged in.

2) One other (totally overkilled solution, I agree) run Mac OS under as virtual system (e.g VMWare fusion) and have this way two totally independent iMessages.

3) Since privacy seems not your issue you could assign two eMail addresses to iMessage (one for each user). This way you can be reached in the same instance of iMessage in different threads. inbound it might be ok; outbound I have no idea if that would help

Sorry, don't have better proposals but those above might give an idea. The best once might be the number 2.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:00 AM   #3
afroironman
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the options, but I would like to find a way run two instances with different accounts at one mac user, so the only one is number 3, but it will be mess

So I still search the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianJapan View Post
I don't have a simple proposal but two and a half standard-out-of-the-handbook solutions.

1) Create more then one user if you don't need to be at the same time in iMessage.
The downside of course would be that the logged off user wouldn't get notification. All messages would come once user got logged in.

2) One other (totally overkilled solution, I agree) run Mac OS under as virtual system (e.g VMWare fusion) and have this way two totally independent iMessages.

3) Since privacy seems not your issue you could assign two eMail addresses to iMessage (one for each user). This way you can be reached in the same instance of iMessage in different threads. inbound it might be ok; outbound I have no idea if that would help

Sorry, don't have better proposals but those above might give an idea. The best once might be the number 2.
afroironman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store