Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Weirdly enough, the lack of a back-order email might actually be a good sign, despite the lack of any other emails as well. Can you check to see if your card has been charged?

My card was charged. It's listed as a pending transaction but there is a hold on the money. It was like that since day one. Funny enough Google said they won't charge until they ship. Why put a hold for the full amount for 3 days?

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
My card was charged. It's listed as a pending transaction but there is a hold on the money. It was like that since day one. Funny enough Google said they won't charge until they ship. Why put a hold for the full amount for 3 days?

That is normal. The order won't go forward at all without a preauthorization on the card. If they don't ship or you cancel the hold will eventually drop off. SOP.

Mike

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
I called Google again today and the rep told me that the deal they have with UPS isn't express delivery but regular delivery and that Saturday delivery will not happen.

He also said if you didn't get the back order email by now, you are likely in the clear.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
Miami, FL, United States 11/15/2012 8:05 P.M. Departure Scan
11/15/2012 7:20 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 11/15/2012 4:59 P.M. Departure Scan

:D so looks like a tomorrow delivery for sure

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Miami, FL, United States 11/15/2012 8:05 P.M. Departure Scan
11/15/2012 7:20 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 11/15/2012 4:59 P.M. Departure Scan

:D so looks like a tomorrow delivery for sure

Same for me. :) Mine went from Louisville to Phoenix, and has left Phoenix to my city (by truck).

attachment.php

Michael

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 322

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Well, If they have not sent out emails or confirmed shipment by now I doubt I'll see this phone anytime soon. It's 11:44pm est now. My order says they will ship on the 15th, I wonder what google will do about this. I ordered two by mistake and Google would not let me cancel one because its being "processed".

sotorious

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
I got an email today saying due to the volume of the purchases that they would send my phone in about 3-4 weeks. I found a tmobile store today that had the N4 just went out and bought it and going to cancel the order tomorrow. Spent and extra 100 but it was well worth it.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
So now that the nexus 4 is in demand and will continue to sell well presumably for some time, do y'all think we'll see a 32gb version soon?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I got an email today saying due to the volume of the purchases that they would send my phone in about 3-4 weeks. I found a tmobile store today that had the N4 just went out and bought it and going to cancel the order tomorrow. Spent and extra 100 but it was well worth it.

Any difference with the T-Mobile version? Any bloatware?

----------

So now that the nexus 4 is in demand and will continue to sell well presumably for some time, do y'all think we'll see a 32gb version soon?

With so much demand, I don't see google rushing to provide another version soon. Probably when 16gb sales go down, google will announce a 32gb model.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I still have not gotten a shipping or back order notice. Guess ill call them
FWIW, I've gotten no indication of any movement on my N7 order. It's been 3 days now. If I can't get it, fine. If I will get it, fine. Just friggin' let me know. I leave after next Wednesday, so I suppose I have until Monday for it to ship. My biggest concern is that it will arrive after I go and sit at work for quite a while. That will be fun....

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
FWIW, I've gotten no indication of any movement on my N7 order. It's been 3 days now. If I can't get it, fine. If I will get it, fine. Just friggin' let me know. I leave after next Wednesday, so I suppose I have until Monday for it to ship. My biggest concern is that it will arrive after I go and sit at work for quite a while. That will be fun....

I called google and the person said, "it should ship out today".....he seemed clueless. I just checked my bank account and the money was put back, so I am assuming I am on back order. If it does not ship today, I am canceling my order and google completely lost me as a customer. This may be the worst communication I have experienced.

I literally ordered 4 minutes after it went live. It seems like there is no particular order they used when fulfilling orders b.c some people who ordered after me are reporting that they will get it today. If it is this hard for them to take my money....god forbid I have an issue with my phone. They could release a phone that would take me to the moon in 20 minutes and I still would pass on it

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
I'm really surprised they did not have a Pre order setup a week in advance, at least to gauge customer demand. A lot of headaches could have been avoided.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
If it does not ship today, I am canceling my order and google completely lost me as a customer. This may be the worst communication I have experienced.
I totally understand that sentiment.

I'm lucky in that I'll get the phone today (presumably), but I experienced the same hassles, and I'm in the same boat with respect to the N7, which I understand is not the same thing, but, still, I've got ~$330 tied up in a device that I truly wanted to try out on my vacation with my family (was going to let my parents use it, as they have no smartdevice for maps and such), and now I have no idea if it will get here on time, when I return, or ever.

Still... as much as Google sucks at order fulfillment, I love the OS (not the same team), the design (not the same team and mostly not the same company), and the idea of competition, so I will likely try to order again next time as well. For at least one more launch, I will naively assume they'll finally have learned their lesson.

Edit: got my shipping email, which implies I'll have it by Wednesday of next week, which is later than I'd have wanted but still in time. Friggin' Google. Maybe they should hire someone with some software skills to help out their order processing code. Or maybe they should hire more than one elderly ex-librarian to label packages.

I have nothing against the poor Google employees caught in this mess. It's the managers who didn't prepare for it that irk me.

Last edited:

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Eh, im pretty parient with these things and dont have that, i need it now mentality so im more for getting it for $349 than spending more and having it a few weeks sooner. I just have to wait for a 32gb announment whether its a go or not.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Well my N4 is showing out for delivery at ups.com.

The UPS My Choice email, however, indicated delivery between 3PM and 7PM. I am supposed to be going away for the weekend and had intended to leave by 4ish. I can't leave till I get it though! :)

Michael

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    106.8 KB · Views: 58

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Man, you are so cool because you got your tracking number. I wish I were as cool as you. Too bad you can't understand the way shipping packages work. Or maybe you think that because something works one way for you it must work the same for everybody else? I didn't think anybody would actually be able to believe such a logical fallacy, but whatever floats your boat man.

A majority of people have not gotten tracking numbers even though you claim that Google would have done so by now. So keep thinking whatever you want.

So lets get back to what this thread is really about, the nexus 4, instead of you trying to get off topic and continually proving yourself wrong in every aspect. If you want to continue such a pathetic discussion to fill some gaping hole inside yourself, lets continue the conversation elsewhere.
the funniest part of all of this....i didn't even order a Nexus 4. Was just sharing my experience with Google. Don't plan on ever ordering anything from the Play store in the future. Their customer service sucks. Next time I won't share.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I called google and the person said, "it should ship out today".....he seemed clueless. I just checked my bank account and the money was put back, so I am assuming I am on back order. If it does not ship today, I am canceling my order and google completely lost me as a customer. This may be the worst communication I have experienced.

I literally ordered 4 minutes after it went live. It seems like there is no particular order they used when fulfilling orders b.c some people who ordered after me are reporting that they will get it today. If it is this hard for them to take my money....god forbid I have an issue with my phone. They could release a phone that would take me to the moon in 20 minutes and I still would pass on it

100% agree; the debacle that is the Nexus 4 launch by Google is horrendous. But consider that once this debacle is sorted out, you'll have your desired phone that you'll presumably use for a year or two, if not more, on a daily basis.

Remember your reasons for getting the Nexus. It wasn't about being first, I'd wager, but about the stock Android experience. I fully understand why you'd be turned off and upset, but don't let your emotions get the best of you. To have your preferred OS, it might be worth the trouble.

Or not. Entirely up to you, of course.

EDIT: Also, if you only ordered one, it may ship well within those 3 weeks. So factor that tradeoff: waiting an additional 1-3 weeks versus using stock Android over the course of however long you plan to keep it.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I'm pleased to see some confirmed deliveries going out for some of you lot! :D

Google, LG. Hang your heads in shame at this performance though.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
100% agree; the debacle that is the Nexus 4 launch by Google is horrendous. But consider that once this debacle is sorted out, you'll have your desired phone that you'll presumably use for a year or two, if not more, on a daily basis.

Remember your reasons for getting the Nexus. It wasn't about being first, I'd wager, but about the stock Android experience. I fully understand why you'd be turned off and upset, but don't let your emotions get the best of you. To have your preferred OS, it might be worth the trouble.

Or not. Entirely up to you, of course.

EDIT: Also, if you only ordered one, it may ship well within those 3 weeks. So factor that tradeoff: waiting an additional 1-3 weeks versus using stock Android over the course of however long you plan to keep it.

I know exactly what you mean, but if it is back ordered...I just feel they don't deserve my business.....not just the cost of the phone, but the apps I would buy and possibly a tablet. Poor customer service is the easiest way to lose someone :(

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Just checked google wallet. One of my phones shows status complete with a UPS tracking info (no status of delivery time yet). The other phone is still in limbo with pending status.

No email yet about shipment.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Just checked google wallet. One of my phones shows status complete with a UPS tracking info (no status of delivery time yet). The other phone is still in limbo with pending status.

No email yet about shipment.
Well, hey, awesome about the one, right?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Google, LG. Hang your heads in shame at this performance though.
I think it's all on Google. LG might be responsible for low supplies (or not), but we all know Google could have had 20 million of them in stock and still had 95% of the problems. Well, OK, at least most of the problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.