Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
I think the information that the mini will be available Saturday is valid. The last thing the manager in north Fl told before I left this morning was to come back in the morning if I still was looking for one.

So what we have learned is that LTE 4's are available today to buy and mini's will be available tomorrow.

xofruitcake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Apple doesnt want your money. They dont even have enough minis to meet the minimal demand forcing people instead to buy a nexus. No one is going to wait forever to buy apple.

heh heh, I take it that you don't have kids and never know the dynamic of "must have" toys on a holiday season. Parents are known to fight over "hot toys" and it looks like Ipad mini is one hot toys this Xmas season. Before the launch, there was a rumor that Apple has builded 5M unit a month of production capacity for Ipad mini. If that is the case, we will be seeing 8-10M of Ipad mini sales this Xmas season. I think the 4Q sales number should settle whether Apple made a mistake in pricing the mini starting at $329.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2012
Apple doesnt want your money. They dont even have enough minis to meet the minimal demand forcing people instead to buy a nexus. No one is going to wait forever to buy apple.

Wow, what a ridiculous thing to say.

mofoliar

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Nevada
i see my closest apple store has in stock i will drive down(75)mi if i cant find one local... i am gonna call att and bestbuy and c.. if not off to roseville,ca tomorrow and pick up long waited ipad 32g att

Brewsta

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
Page 5 thread roundup

Page 5 thread roundup:

Apple Stores: Most (but not all) have good quantities of LTE iPad 4. Simply order online and choose store pickup.

We have three separate reports in now that the POS system at the Apple Store will not allow employees to sell LTE iPad minis until after 10 PM tonight. Looks like you'll want to line up tomorrow morning if you want to get your hands on one! (Or better yet, try to use the store pickup feature starting at 10 PM Eastern tonight.)

Looks like LTE iPad 4s are available today at Apple, and LTE iPad minis will be available tomorrow.

It's pretty clear that the widespread reports that LTE iPad minis would be available at Apple Stores today was based on assumptions (all the carriers are selling them!) and not facts.

AT&T Stores: We have had multiple, multiple reports from major cities that AT&T stores have zero stock of iPad 4 or iPad mini. Call first, but probably don't waste your time. No confirmed sightings of stock at any AT&T store.

Verizon Stores: Two reports in: no stock in store, but they'll cheerfully order one for you.

Sprint Stores: I've yet to see a report from a Sprint store.

Best Buy: One report in (from Maryland) saying they won't have stock of LTE models until 11/21. Plenty of Wi-Fi only minis (!), which is probably the first time anyone's written that statement.

JohnnyAndre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
California
Anyone have any more luck in SD? I checked online... Said in store pickup was unavailable. They open at 10 right? Not much longer now...

kenshin27

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2006
I hit the Apple Store in Short Hills, NJ this morning. No LTE iPad Minis available. Guy I spoke to said to check online for instore pickup at 10pm when inventory gets updated. Called up the Apple Store in Grand Central Station NYC and was told the same thing, check after 10pm tonight online.

AT&T store in Short Hills Mall had no idea when they'll be getting any. AT&T store in Jersey City that I went to said they'd have them probably by Black Friday. =p

Surprisingly, the Grand Central Station Apple Store actually had Verizon LTE iPad Minis available yesterday but I needed AT&T. Most likely sold out now.

iSheep89

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
Texas
I have called many stores around the DFW area (apple, AT&T, Verizon) none in stock. I'm getting really annoyed with the situation. It is mid November, apple needs to make this **** official.

ckiggins314

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I just came home and ordered my mini (Verizon) on their own website - it ships tonight and delivers tomorrow. At the store they told me they could order it for delivery in two weeks. Do these people not talk to each other or something???

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I'm standing in the AT&T store in Providence buying my black 32 gig now. Then downstairs to return the unopened one that arrived from Apple yesterday.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
In Bethesda store to return my unopened WiFi mini. Hopeful to get an LTE but they had none to sell.

One employee checked and said they have some Verizons in house to sell at 10pm tonight. NO ATT.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I called the Southlake, Texas store this morning, and the rep said to go online tonight at 10 pm to order for pickup in store tomorrow (as others have reported).

BryanLyle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
I just came home and ordered my mini (Verizon) on their own website - it ships tonight and delivers tomorrow. At the store they told me they could order it for delivery in two weeks. Do these people not talk to each other or something???

Did the same thing. Hoping Verizon comes through and actually delivers tomorrow!

Parboy

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2009
iPad Mini VZ

Just left Willow Bend Apple store in Dallas with a 32gb mini white Verizon. They had three in stock and I got the last one. 16gb Verizon black, 2 32gb Verizon, one white and one black. Stonebriar mall Apple store had none.

msaghirmd

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
So the Lincoln Road Apple Store in Miami Beach is open until 11 pm. Does that mean that I can purchase a mini tonight? I ordered an LTE ipad 4 for pickup at that same store.

LOL, I should open it, use it, and then exchange it for the mini in a few hours.

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I pre ordered a 64gb ipad 4 on launch date but Im in Canada and Im frustrated that we haven't even recieved ship dates yet. I have a 6gb plan for my iphone, should i just pick up a wifi version and tether when necessary? is 6gb sufficient?

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
iPad mini or iPad 4?

iPad 4 32 gig in black. They had a hard time putting it through for $679.99 price so AT&T will be giving me a $50.00 credit on my bill. Plus I got the $100.00 discount for the 2 year contract. Not bad, $579.99 + tax. Just returned the one that cost me $729.99 + tax through Apple.

msaghirmd

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
I pre ordered a 64gb ipad 4 on launch date but Im in Canada and Im frustrated that we haven't even recieved ship dates yet. I have a 6gb plan for my iphone, should i just pick up a wifi version and tether when necessary? is 6gb sufficient?

Tethering is so frustrating. It takes a good 20 seconds to form that connection with an iphone 5.

I have shared data so it's ten bucks a month for LTE. If it was 5 bucks I would say, no question it is SOOOO worth it. At 10 dollars it is borderline but I'm willing to pay it (but get upset whenever I think about it). Anything more and I would refuse.

As far as data, you can blow through 20 gigs in a day with a 5 bar connection and watching HD netflix. Surfing the web I use 300 MB in a day if I use my ipad on LTE exclusively (night shift at work).

darthastuart

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
ATT.com

If this is repeating existing info, I apologize in advance.

I did get an e-mail this morning from AT&T (subj: "iPad Mini Now at AT&T Premier") saying that I could order it through their website. I get these e-mails because my company has some kind of preferred vendor agreement with them or something.

I went to the site and was able to set up an order for a 16GB black LTE, WITH the $100 discount under contract (adding to an existing mobile share plan), shipping in 7-14 business days.

I didn't order it, because I have to angle for one as an Xmas present if I have any hope of scoring one soon. :) BUT if others want to check out the site, you can at least order one through their site, WITH the $100 discount.

Hope this helps...enjoy your iPads everyone.

atomicpete

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
Spoke with ATT corp office and they called one of the local ATT stores here in MN. They are expecting a shipment of Mini LTEs at 2pm today and should be ready for sale between 3-4 pm...

PS 100 discount does apply to the minis

emgoodman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
Nashua, NH had them.

The Verizon 64 GB 4th Gen IPad I ordered later morning the first day of preorders has not yet shipped.

The same model is now waiting for me to pick up at the Nashua, NH store (about an hour away) after checking with the App about 9:30 this morning.

Looks like I'll be making the drive tomorrow morning and sending the Fed Ex one (whenever it actually ships) back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.