Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

artblue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
I was unable to connect to my ipod touch because I lost connection to the wireless connection, although I was getting a internet connection because my ethernet cable was attached from my computer to my router,my ipod kept asking for my password to connect but each time it failed.I contacted my broadband supplier and was told to reboot my router and this worked my router is just a couple of months old but wonder if this could be a ongoing probem it as been fine so far.

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
It sounds to me that it may not be a problem with your iPod Touch. It's definitely not your modem or internet connection, so there's no reason to call your ISP. Let's answer a few questions:

Are other devices/computers working off wifi properly?
Are you connecting the correct wifi network?
Do you have the correct wifi network password?
Is MAC filtering or any other security feature enabled on the router?
What version iPod Touch? 4th, 5th, etc.
What version iOS? 5.1.1? 6? 6.0.1?
What type of router are you using?

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
I was unable to connect to my ipod touch because I lost connection to the wireless connection, although I was getting a internet connection because my ethernet cable was attached from my computer to my router,my ipod kept asking for my password to connect but each time it failed.I contacted my broadband supplier and was told to reboot my router and this worked my router is just a couple of months old but wonder if this could be a ongoing probem it as been fine so far.

Not a big deal. Rebooting the modem and router are basic steps in diagnosing connection problems.

If your Touch loses the WiFi connection again, go into your WiFi network settings, choose "other," type in the name of your network and your password, then tell it to renew lease.

That's resolved quirky WiFi connections for lots of folks, including me.

wanderingsam

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
unable to connect

here's what worked for me:
i just got off the phone with verizon. they had me dial @228 then hit option 2.
then disable wifi. then use my data package to connect to the internet.
then had me turn on my wifi again and low and behold, i connected.
hope that works gusy. know how frustrating that can be.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.