Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techneptune

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Hey macforum! I Need a little help.

I am currently a Computer Engineering major from Oklahoma State University and I am trying to pick a topic for my Digital Logic project. I want to try to design a adapter to go from female 30 pin to male micro-usb. I have been able to find schematics of both connectors and I have seen some on eBay, but I not been able to find anyone doing this outside of professionals.

So if this is possible, could you give me any advice on building this?

Thanks in advance!!

Techneptune

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Hey macforum! I Need a little help.

I am currently a Computer Engineering major from Oklahoma State University and I am trying to pick a topic for my Digital Logic project. I want to try to design a adapter to go from female 30 pin to male micro-usb. I have been able to find schematics of both connectors and I have seen some on eBay, but I not been able to find anyone doing this outside of professionals.

So if this is possible, could you give me any advice on building this?

Thanks in advance!!

Techneptune

I'm not sure what advice you're looking for but here are some semi-related links that might prove helpful:

http://www.tonepad.com/photoessay.asp?photoEssayID=26&sequenceNo=1

http://www.chargeconverter.com/store/sandisk

I think that 2nd link above is being intentionally "vague":

Note that these connectors do not fit the iDevices from fruit-companies.
My guess is that the above statement is not only intentionally "vague" but also intentionally incorrect (i.e. their connectors likely do fit said devices).

Anyway, if this isn't what you're looking for, feel free to clarify what type of advice you're seeking and perhaps I or others can assist further.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.