Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrancoRumors

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
For those of us who preordered the iPad mini, I was fine with any delivery date up until the 21st. The 10th through the 21st is the middle of the month in my opinion... But now I feel a little scammed. If I had known at any point I could have went to a store and picked up an LTE iPad mini today before my order shipped out I would have canceled and taken my chances. Now as soon as it ships the date gets bumped from the 21st to the 23rd and now 26th. They have our money locked down so now there is nothing to be done. Booo!

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
For those of us who preordered the iPad mini, I was fine with any delivery date up until the 21st. The 10th through the 21st is the middle of the month in my opinion... But now I feel a little scammed. If I had known at any point I could have went to a store and picked up an LTE iPad mini today before my order shipped out I would have canceled and taken my chances. Now as soon as it ships the date gets bumped from the 21st to the 23rd and now 26th. They have our money locked down so now there is nothing to be done. Booo!

I agree 100% Kinda over it with always having to fight with Apple. I just talked to my local store and everyone is seeing TONS of deliveries of all LTE models\varieties today, but they're being instructed not to sell it until tomorrow... absurd.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
You made a thread for this? ;)

I just pre-order now if I want something around the time of a launch, and when it shows up, it shows up.

It's possible that I'll stand in line again sometime as I did with the original iPhone, but in the meantime, pre-order works for me. Standing in line on launch day is not even a guarantee of getting the thing on launch day...

My favorite approach is to wait for refurbs to show up because I really do think they get the extra once-over by a tech. Anyway I do that for laptops. For these other devices, I just pre-order and find something else to do while I wait!

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012

I saw available to ship: mid November, when I preordered on launch day. I never saw delivers: mid November. My actual first deliver date was the 23rd. Now, I am scheduled to receive it by the 20th.

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
The thing about life is, sometimes stuff happens. Sometimes it's stuff that leads to things happening for the better, sometimes for the worst.

I try really hard not to let the small things get to me. As someone else mentioned, if it's such a big deal, just go buy one at a local carrier or your local Apple store and return one of them once the second one arrives.

Mine arrived a day early, I was pleasantly surprised, but I was also fully prepared to not get it until the 23rd based on estimate I originally saw. Maybe yours will show up earlier than it's showing right now - I hope so, for your sake.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

christof

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2002
Earth
At least yours is the 26th. Mine's now the 29th, even though I placed at the stroke of midnight on the preorder date. Oh well. Apple comp'd me a Smart Cover and Power Adapter on the first call. On the second call, Apple comp'd me a set of Beats In-Ear Earphones. They've bought my love--they've had it all along since 1990.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Well we got the one we preordered today, and November 16th is definitely mid-November.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.