Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daytona

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
I have been looking to purchase an iPad. And since my hands have never touched on, I have no clue as to how they work. I did find one that is a
MD329LLA-53505 that says it is ISO5. My main question is, do the ISO upgrade as in iPhones? AND THEN I just read a poster on this thread does not want to go to ISO6 and must be happy with the ISO5....is this good or bad?
Thanx

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have been looking to purchase an iPad. And since my hands have never touched on, I have no clue as to how they work. I did find one that is a
MD329LLA-53505 that says it is ISO5. My main question is, do the ISO upgrade as in iPhones? AND THEN I just read a poster on this thread does not want to go to ISO6 and must be happy with the ISO5....is this good or bad?
Thanx

Depends on what Generation it is, but iPads update the same way as iPhones. So yes, if you get one that is on iOS 5, you can go to software update and update it to iOS 6 just as you would an iPhone.

iOS 6 for the most part is an improvement from iOS 5, just some users are upset that Google Maps is gone and replaced by Apple Maps in iOS 6.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
AND THEN I just read a poster on this thread does not want to go to ISO6 and must be happy with the ISO5....is this good or bad?
Subjective just as good/bad is on any topic. As always, consider the source. If your priorities and preferences are in line with that poster then you'll want to stick with IOS 5. If not, 6 might be better for you. It's impossible for us to tell you what you'll prefer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.