Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:54 PM   #1
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

Mac Mini, Apple TV, External HDD

If I have a Mac Mini hooked up to my TV, and an Apple TV, and my movies are in m4v format(I think, I used handbrake and the atv3 preset) on an external HDD, whys the best/easiest solution for playing those movies? I don't have them all in iTunes because I didn't want 100+ movies in my iTunes library when I had a mbp. Is it best to add them all to iTunes now that I have the Mac mini? I hate to make iTunes slow with all those movies. Is there a good/better way to use the Mac Mini without the atv? I don't want to have to get out the keyboard and trackpad, I'd like to use the remote or the remote.app on my ipad.
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater