Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:01 PM   #176
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
That cool on coupon code, the company I work with has 6% discount with apple it does not work iPad mini or iPhone though
nice!

i work for an organization that has discounts for Apple as well but only for their computers, not iPads etc

i would have preferred the Lightning cable over the coupon code, but i think i still made out well. basically i am being made to wait an extra 4-5 days but in return for my patience i was rewarded with $50 back into my pocket and a future discount up to $45.

no complaints there. even more reason to make the complete switch over to Apple. i used to be a Windows + Blackberry guy. now i am a Windows + iOS guy. i think in another year i will be an OSX + iOS guy. i remember my last encounter with Dell - i bought a brand new XPS 15 laptop and it came with a broken hinge. it took them 5 weeks to send me a replacement machine.
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:59 PM   #177
Malesack
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopiballava View Post
I was initially suspecting that the AT&T ones were all delayed based on responses here, but it seems like a few of them are arriving.
16 GB White Mini AT&T

Well, I believe Apple screwed me. Six days ago my status changed to "Engraving" and "Shipping within 5 business days" with "Delivery by November 21st." The order could not be cancelled.

Sometime within the last hour, shipping was postponed until November 30th and now the order CAN be cancelled. I guess I'm no longer in Engraving status and can edit my original engraving.

Being the smart guy I am, I said I told myself I am not going to have it engraved and waste another five days in "Engraving" status. So I went in to modify the engraving to No Engraving but found out I could not do that without cancelling the complete order and starting on the waiting list from scratch. Simply deleting the current text would not work either.

What to do? Cancel the order and wait for retail to get the AT&T product or wait another 10 days for Apple to maybe ship me my original order?

Here's the kicker. I ordered a Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon for my wife for Christmas. Amazon said it would not ship until December 21 but promised two days delivery so it would arrive before Christmas. This morning I got a message from Amazon saying my Kindle shipped yesterday, 1 1/2 months ahead of schedule.

Apple needs to learn from Amazon the old maxim, "Promise late, then deliver early and you'll always be the hero."

Last edited by Malesack; Nov 16, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Malesack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:54 AM   #178
eim23x
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malesack View Post
16 GB White Mini AT&T

Well, I believe Apple screwed me. Six days ago my status changed to "Engraving" and "Shipping within 5 business days" with "Delivery by November 21st." The order could not be cancelled.

Sometime within the last hour, shipping was postponed until November 30th and now the order CAN be cancelled. I guess I'm no longer in Engraving status and can edit my original engraving.

Being the smart guy I am, I said I told myself I am not going to have it engraved and waste another five days in "Engraving" status. So I went in to modify the engraving to No Engraving but found out I could not do that without cancelling the complete order and starting on the waiting list from scratch. Simply deleting the current text would not work either.

What to do? Cancel the order and wait for retail to get the AT&T product or wait another 10 days for Apple to maybe ship me my original order?

Here's the kicker. I ordered a Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon for my wife for Christmas. Amazon said it would not ship until December 21 but promised two days delivery so it would arrive before Christmas. This morning I got a message from Amazon saying my Kindle shipped yesterday, 1 1/2 months ahead of schedule.

Apple needs to learn from Amazon the old maxim, "Promise late, then deliver early and you'll always be the hero."
simple check if Apple has it in stores or AT&T and get one and then cancel the order. Apple lets you order at 10pm
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:07 AM   #179
Gopiballava
macrumors newbie

Quote:
simple check if Apple has it in stores or AT&T and get one and then cancel the order. Apple lets you order at 10pm
Apple let me order at 9:20 pm; I got to the store at 9:40 pm as my "your order is ready" email arrived.

I've already noticed the 512 MB of DRAM. Safari tabs close much more quickly than my iPad 3. This thing is wonderful though. I eagerly await the retina version.

My AT&T one will get returned unopened when it arrives on Wednesday. Unless my wife decides she wants it
Gopiballava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:39 AM   #180
Malesack
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Sadly, there is only two Apple Stores in Louisiana and they are on the other end of the state. Nor do they have an AT&T mini in any color or GB. Even the website says two weeks.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:11 PM   #181
Medic311
macrumors 65816

decided that I wanted to pick it up in store. was told by one CSR that they would still honor the $779 price ($50 discount for my issues) and allow me to use the $45-off coupon code. i got disconnected in the middle of placing the order. called back, then they refused to honor it. good thing i kept the name of the CSR who made that promise. i spoke with the senior customer service manager who said that it is impossible to get another $45 off the already discounted iPad. she said the best she can do is offer me a smart case or smart cover and also allow me to keep the coupon code. i said i want an extra Lightning cable instead (i already have a case). she said it is company policy that they are not to give out free Lightning cables, but she said once i get the free case i can take it into the Apple store and exchange it for cables or chargers, etc.

this entire experience has been one hell of a crapfest. the only person to blame is myself really, in the end. when that thread was on the FP of MacRumors how people could request next-day delivery and get it on Nov 16, i jumped on that opportunity. it was due to that order change that bumped me down in the queue to the point where i wouldn't get it for an entire week after that. the CSR's didn't know this in the beginning so they were doing it for people, but then they started to warn people about changing the order which results in delays. oh well, it's a lesson learned i guess.

see below screen shot:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	free smart cover with iPad 4 order.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	377959  
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:40 PM   #182
eim23x
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
decided that I wanted to pick it up in store. was told by one CSR that they would still honor the $779 price ($50 discount for my issues) and allow me to use the $45-off coupon code. i got disconnected in the middle of placing the order. called back, then they refused to honor it. good thing i kept the name of the CSR who made that promise. i spoke with the senior customer service manager who said that it is impossible to get another $45 off the already discounted iPad. she said the best she can do is offer me a smart case or smart cover and also allow me to keep the coupon code. i said i want an extra Lightning cable instead (i already have a case). she said it is company policy that they are not to give out free Lightning cables, but she said once i get the free case i can take it into the Apple store and exchange it for cables or chargers, etc.

this entire experience has been one hell of a crapfest. the only person to blame is myself really, in the end. when that thread was on the FP of MacRumors how people could request next-day delivery and get it on Nov 16, i jumped on that opportunity. it was due to that order change that bumped me down in the queue to the point where i wouldn't get it for an entire week after that. the CSR's didn't know this in the beginning so they were doing it for people, but then they started to warn people about changing the order which results in delays. oh well, it's a lesson learned i guess.

see below screen shot:
At least it shipped which is good. Which carrier FedEx ? also when is it expected to arrive Friday? the Lightning to USB Cable cost $19 USD before tax. i get it for $17.50 before tax.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:50 PM   #183
Malesack
macrumors newbie

If I buy the mini at an ATT store instead of Apple, will they sell it to me without a 2-year agreement? I know they offer $100 off if I get a 2-year but will they just sell the ATT mini without the 2-year?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:09 PM   #184
rtdunham
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
oh well, it's a lesson learned i guess.
I see so many people wallowing in angst here. You're one of the smart ones. We'd all be happier if we kept a good perspective on things. I'm glad you did.
peace
rtdunham is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:23 PM   #185
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
At least it shipped which is good. Which carrier FedEx ? also when is it expected to arrive Friday? the Lightning to USB Cable cost $19 USD before tax. i get it for $17.50 before tax.
it is saying guaranteed by 10:30am EST Friday Nov 23.

apparently it just missed the cutoff on Friday Nov 16 to get on the flight out that evening and now because it is a Saturday today it is going to sit at the FedEx local sort facility until Sunday night or Monday morning when it will fly out. while it says Nov 23 it is very possible it could get here on Wed Nov 21 as long as it can breeze through customs and land in Memphis, TN by Tuesday in time for the last flight from MEM to PHL. what makes this entirely possible are the non-stop flights from China to MEM due to the 777F. they weren't able to do this before
however, if they are planning on trucking it from MEM to PHL then yeah, there is no way in hell it's getting here before Frid Nov 23.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdunham View Post
I see so many people wallowing in angst here. You're one of the smart ones. We'd all be happier if we kept a good perspective on things. I'm glad you did.
peace

exactly

Last edited by Medic311; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:45 PM   #186
eim23x
macrumors regular

Quote:
it is saying guaranteed by 10:30am EST Friday Nov 23.

apparently it just missed the cutoff on Friday Nov 16 to get on the flight out that evening and now because it is a Saturday today it is going to sit at the FedEx local sort facility until Sunday night or Monday morning when it will fly out. while it says Nov 23 it is very possible it could get here on Wed Nov 21 as long as it can breeze through customs and land in Memphis, TN by Tuesday in time for the last flight from MEM to PHL. what makes this entirely possible are the non-stop flights from China to MEM due to the 777F. they weren't able to do this before
however, if they are planning on trucking it from MEM to PHL then yeah, there is no way in hell it's getting here before Frid Nov 23.

----------

exactly
So i guess your is sitting as well as mine in Fedex in CHENGDU CN?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:01 PM   #187
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
So i guess your is sitting as well as mine in Fedex in CHENGDU CN?
yep yep, see below:

Nov 17, 2012 10:22 PM At local FedEx facility CHENGDU CN
Nov 17, 2012 5:01 PM Left FedEx origin facility CHENGDU CN
Nov 17, 2012 11:27 AM Picked up CHENGDU CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

Nov 16, 2012 8:22 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

as far as getting it on Wednesday, it all depends if it has to land in Anchorage, AK first. from the way others have shipped i think that's what it will do. if they can keep the layover to a minimum we could get it Wednesday. the great thing about shipping from China, is the time difference is in your favor

Last edited by Medic311; Nov 17, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:17 PM   #188
eim23x
macrumors regular

Quote:
yep yep, see below:

as far as getting it on Wednesday, it all depends if it has to land in Anchorage, AK first. from the way others have shipped i think that's what it will do. if they can keep the layover to a minimum we could get it Wednesday. the great thing about shipping from China, is the time difference is in your favor
Yup that correct I was surprised it did not move
Over the weekend. Maybe Sunday we will see movement
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:42 PM   #189
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Wonder if this will affect some shipment dates....

Quote:
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/11/...nis-theft-jfk/

Thieves grab 3,600 Apple iPad minis from JFK Airport
AidenShaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:48 PM   #190
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
Wonder if this will affect some shipment dates....
it was a bulk shipment for retail so it most likely affected retailers such as Best Buy and Apple Stores
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:54 PM   #191
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
it was a bulk shipment for retail so it most likely affected retailers such as Best Buy and Apple Stores
OMG.

You mean that after a devastating super-hurricance and a strong nor'easter that New Yorkers will have an Ipad shortage?

Is this what Chris Christie was referring to when he said “I'm waiting for the locusts and pestilence next”?

</sarcasm>

Thanks for the additional info, though....
AidenShaw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:18 PM   #192
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
OMG.

You mean that after a devastating super-hurricance and a strong nor'easter that New Yorkers will have an Ipad shortage?

Is this what Chris Christie was referring to when he said “I'm waiting for the locusts and pestilence next”?

</sarcasm>

Thanks for the additional info, though....
hahaha.

i lived in north jersey for a few years. people are crazy up there, even on a sunday afternoon. i can't imagine what it was like with a gas shortage. when i moved out of that crap-hole a year ago i never looked back

high property taxes
high sales tax
high state tax
inflated property values
car insurance is a fortune
all other forms of insurance (home, renters, life, health, dental) are a fortune
everyone is pissed off
traffic is insane
jug-handles all over the place
gestapo state gun laws - 5 rnds (rifles) 15 rnds (handgun) mag limits, total permit fees ~ $100 then $28 per handgun

but they do have cheap gasoline, roughly $0.30 less per gallon than in Pennsylvania and you can buy beer and liquor in supermarkets

Last edited by Medic311; Nov 17, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:55 AM   #193
eim23x
macrumors regular

I saw something in paper other day, they got someone for the robbery. He will talk. The stupid **** asked other co workers about the shipment come in and they point to him to the five o lol
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:59 PM   #194
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
I saw something in paper other day, they got someone for the robbery. He will talk. The stupid **** asked other co workers about the shipment come in and they point to him to the five o lol
Yes, I read that later.

The perp apparently even asked where the forklifts were parked. [insert emoticon for smacking oneself in the forehead]
AidenShaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:28 AM   #195
eim23x
macrumors regular

Quote:
yep yep, see below:

So i called FedEx now they say it 113 items that must clear customs in China, This is why no is no scan since 17th on mine or yours. Hopefully
it will finish being x ray today, there no way we will get this until Friday
for sure.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:55 AM   #196
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
So i called FedEx now they say it 113 items that must clear customs in China, This is why no is no scan since 17th on mine or yours. Hopefully
it will finish being x ray today, there no way we will get this until Friday
for sure.
113 pallets of iPads? sheesh

did they said for sure it won't come before Friday?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:10 AM   #197
eim23x
macrumors regular

Quote:
113 pallets of iPads? sheesh

did they said for sure it won't come before Friday?
The rep said its 113 boxes from my believe its iPads only coming from
that factory.
Yes for sure Friday but no sooner which i was hoping for.

SHENZHEN CN is iPhones and iPad mini.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:29 AM   #198
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
The rep said its 113 boxes from my believe its iPads only coming from
that factory.
Yes for sure Friday but no sooner which i was hoping for.

SHENZHEN CN is iPhones and iPad mini.
bummer. oh well.

despite having to wait an extra week, i think i got a pretty good deal overall:

$50-off
$45-off $300 coupon code (or $15-off-$100, $30-off-$200)
Red Smart Case
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:37 AM   #199
eim23x
macrumors regular

Quote:
bummer. oh well.

despite having to wait an extra week, i think i got a pretty good deal overall:

$50-off
$45-off $300 coupon code (or $15-off-$100, $30-off-$200)
Red Smart Case
yup good deal you pulled off.

Some good news mate:

Nov 20, 2012 12:14 AM
In transit
CHENGDU CN

Last edited by eim23x; Nov 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:45 PM   #200
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
yup good deal you pulled off.

Some good news mate:

Nov 20, 2012 12:14 AM
In transit
CHENGDU CN
yeah, just saw that.

does that mean it's on its way to the airport?

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion