Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twest903

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Hello!

I have an iPhone 4S that is fully updated to iOS 6 and all that jazz. A few days ago I was trying to download an app but it wouldn't let me. A popup message came saying "Sign in required. Tap continue and sign in to view billing information." From that message it takes me to my credit card info where it says in red letters "There is a billing problem with a previous purchase. Please update payment method." But all my credit card info is up to date. The only thing on the page that is empty is my 3-digit security code. When I type that in and hit done, it says my payment method was declined.

I called apple support but the man I spoke with said he wouldn't help me because I don't have they're support (I didn't pay the $99.99 for the support when I bought the phone a few months ago.

I also recently lost my job and have no money on my credit card. But I do not pay my phone bill because my mother does (I'm 17 and still living at home).

Not only will it not let me download apps (even if they are free) but it won't let me update the current apps I have. Im not sure if it was because of my card but it shouldn't be because the only thing I use my card for on my phone is to purchase apps.

Help would be appreciated greatly! Thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.