Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Closed Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:19 PM   #1126
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

be back november 26th to see if iTunes 11 is out. for now have fun with crappy iTunes 10.7! lol
mattburley7 is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1127
Chundles
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburley7 View Post
some people must have nothing better to do.. saw this on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A72ahnqCcAEb5_4.jpg:large

almost looks legit to me accept for its NOT out!
Accept?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:30 PM   #1128
ghall
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to ghall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chundles View Post
Accept?
I think he meant 'except'.
ghall is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:49 PM   #1129
zin
macrumors 6502

I can't help but think that if Apple said "Coming soon" rather than "Coming in October/November" this thread wouldn't be as long as it is.

I'll join in anyway: It better be released today! *Waves fist at Apple*
zin is offline   1
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:59 PM   #1130
Killa Aaron
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zin View Post
I can't help but think that if Apple said "Coming soon" rather than "Coming in October/November" this thread wouldn't be as long as it is.

I'll join in anyway: It better be released today! *Waves fist at Apple*
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:03 PM   #1131
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

If Apple delays iTunes again:

Reaktor5 is offline   8
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:35 PM   #1132
Munky
macrumors member

I love that everyone is getting so bent out of shape over this..

"Apple said it's coming out in November, so therefore if it doesn't come out today, November 16th, it's going to be delayed until December!"

Calm the F down people, jesus.
Munky is offline   4
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:40 PM   #1133
MasterHowl
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to MasterHowl
I feel like this thread has become my second home
MasterHowl is offline   10
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:23 PM   #1134
Aluminum213
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post
I love that everyone is getting so bent out of shape over this..

"Apple said it's coming out in November, so therefore if it doesn't come out today, November 16th, it's going to be delayed until December!"

Calm the F down people, jesus.
It's déjà vu with what they did last month, that's why
Aluminum213 is offline   4
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:37 PM   #1135
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

if its not out by the 28th which is on a wednesday than we can worry about it getting delayed again.
mattburley7 is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:39 PM   #1136
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburley7 View Post
if its not out by the 28th which is on a wednesday than we can worry about it getting delayed again.
We can worry if it's not out on the 30th.
Reaktor5 is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1137
Aluminum213
macrumors 65816

this thread should be locked for the next 10 days as Apple is going on their vacation week
Aluminum213 is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1138
SimpleLove
macrumors member

This thread is just...ugh. I can't take all the build up and let down I've experienced the past 4 weeks.
SimpleLove is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:59 PM   #1139
Saladinos
macrumors 68000

Who really cares that much, anyway? iTunes is usually in the background - you play some music, click the x, and get on with what you were doing.

The queue thing looks nice, but it's quite a small thing. Not only that, but it looks pretty limited in iTunes 11. I don't think this is going to fix all my gripes with iTunes music management.

For example, I often like to listen to my music by shuffling a lot of stuff from the same artist (e.g. Bob Marley). That kind of works right now (artists > play all), but the biggest problems are:

- iTunes lists albums by "Bob Marley" serparately from "Bob Marley & the Wailers". I can't highlight both 'artists' and 'play all' on the group. I could make a smart playlist, but I like to see it in the artists view - that's generally where I go to decide what fits my mood right now. Constructing playlists to overcome iTunes' nuances takes the spontaneity out of it.

- if I want to skip to a specific song while on shuffle, I can't. Even if its already playing all Bob Marley songs, double-clicking a specific song will just start playing in order from there.

Those are the things I want fixed with iTunes. If they did nothing else, I'd be fine with that.
Saladinos is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:58 PM   #1140
westonm
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladinos View Post
- iTunes lists albums by "Bob Marley" serparately from "Bob Marley & the Wailers". I can't highlight both 'artists' and 'play all' on the group. I could make a smart playlist, but I like to see it in the artists view - that's generally where I go to decide what fits my mood right now. Constructing playlists to overcome iTunes' nuances takes the spontaneity out of it.
You can set the Bob Marley & the Wailers album artist to just Bob Marley and they'll be included won't they? I can't recall off the top of my head but I'd give it a go.
westonm is offline   0
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:14 AM   #1141
BunInJapan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by westonm View Post
You can set the Bob Marley & the Wailers album artist to just Bob Marley and they'll be included won't they? I can't recall off the top of my head but I'd give it a go.
It works. Just typing the name of the artist in the Search box in iTunes will work too...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:19 AM   #1142
Saladinos
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by westonm View Post
I'm also quite picky about my metadata - there's something just distasteful to me about attributing the whole album to "Bob Marley". I've got albums by "Bob Marley & the Wailers" where Bob isn't even there for most of the tracks (supposedly abroad at the time, but the songs are still amazing - check out their cover of 'Like a rolling stone'). I like my metadata as accurate as possible, so if I want to check out who composed a song or who's singing in it, I can look it up from there. Not everyone is that picky, granted.

By the way, I did set the "Sort artist" and "sort album artist" to just 'Bob Marley'. They're still separate.

If I search for "Bob Marley", I get a bunch of other stuff too. Here are some examples:

- The Fugees: No woman no cry. Composer: Bob Marley / Vincent Ford
- Damien Marley: Beautiful. Artist: Bobby Brown / Damian Marley

So that's not really what I'm looking for, either.

You can already select multiple artists in the artists field, you just can't "play all" from the group.

And then there's the problem that if you double-click on a specific song from that group (which I think of as in a virtual "now playing" list), it starts looping over the album that song is in and forgets about the collection I highlighted before.
Saladinos is offline   1
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:05 AM   #1143
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

needs a little more extra time to get things right and hopes to release iTunes 11 by end of the year

dont be surprised if something like that happens last week of november.
mattburley7 is offline   2
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:03 PM   #1144
westonm
macrumors member

Quote:
I did set the "Sort artist" and "sort album artist" to just 'Bob Marley'. They're still separate.
It's the album artist tag you'll want to edit I think. There might be some tricky way to do it with sort fields but nothing I can think of at the moment. The setting in album artist should be fairly transparent as far as your metadata is concerned. Bob Marley and The Wailers will be grouped with Bob Marley, but will also maintain a separate listing containing only them.

Quote:
You can already select multiple artists in the artists field, you just can't "play all" from the group.

And then there's the problem that if you double-click on a specific song from that group (which I think of as in a virtual "now playing" list), it starts looping over the album that song is in and forgets about the collection I highlighted before.
I can't quite tell what you mean there when you say "group". A narrowed down search? You can play certain artists using the column browser, if that's what you're after.
Thumb resize.

Quote:
If I search for "Bob Marley", I get a bunch of other stuff too. Here are some examples:

- The Fugees: No woman no cry. Composer: Bob Marley / Vincent Ford
- Damien Marley: Beautiful. Artist: Bobby Brown / Damian Marley

So that's not really what I'm looking for, either.
Yeah, search in iTunes has been stuck in it's 1.0 self. In iTunes 11 it seems like it's being changed, but we'll have to wait to play with it to really see what's new and how it functions.
westonm is offline   0
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:25 PM   #1145
SimpleLove
macrumors member

It's coming today. I feel it.

lol smh
SimpleLove is offline   0
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:37 PM   #1146
northernbaldy
macrumors 6502a

The bastards! Not releasing their FREE software on time
You'd all be bitching if it was buggy

Which it still might be
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:21 PM   #1147
jordancrombie92
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernbaldy View Post
The bastards! Not releasing their FREE software on time
You'd all be bitching if it was buggy

Which it still might be
I don't care if its buggy now, all my music is backed up. I just want iTunes 11!

*throws bitch fit*
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:32 PM   #1148
Rocks.
macrumors member

I think it's hilarious that in the anticipation of a new release of iTunes, the older version just suddenly stops working properly...
Rocks. is offline   2
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:53 PM   #1149
jordancrombie92
macrumors regular

I'm expecting one of these to happen next week:

although I am starting to doubt we shall see the download button any time soon...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:45 PM   #1150
Dr. James
macrumors newbie

Hello. I've been following this thread. I think I just want iTunes more than you do.

I hope it comes out someday.

Unless...

Well, I think that's it, then.
Dr. James is offline   4

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
ios 6, ios6, itunes