Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

funjon

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Seattle, WA
Verizon not the only ones getting shafted

I pre-ordered about four minutes after the site went live on October 26th. 64gb ATT LTE iPad 4, my credit card was authorized on Saturday (10 November), but I still get awaiting shipment. Tracking by reference doesn't reveal a tracking number, so unless none of my phone numbers got added, mine still hasn't left. And my order still shows delivery on 21 November.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
The typical, "because I personally don't use a device in this manner that must mean its stupid for *anyone* to use a device in that manner" post.

Nailed it.

I probably would never have bought into tablets had cellular versions not been available. For me, it makes the experience radically better for reasons already described in this thread. Tethering has its place, but if you want to extensively use it away from wifi, inbuilt is vastly superior. Free wifi? Crippled dog slow speeds in specific locations, no thanks.

However, I can totally understand how it'd be a waste of money for some people based on their usage. Most people I know with iPads never take it out of the house. In contrast, I see lots of people on the train using them

Choice = good.

Narrow mindedness = bad.

Elcuria

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Got an update from Apple that my iPad Mini shipped and will deliver by 11/16/12.

Got an update from UPS that the iPad Mini will deliver by the end of the day on Thursday 11/15/12:

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday,*11/15/2012,*By End of Day
Last Location:
Arrived - Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, Tuesday,*11/13/2012

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I pre-ordered about four minutes after the site went live on October 26th. 64gb ATT LTE iPad 4, my credit card was authorized on Saturday (10 November), but I still get awaiting shipment. Tracking by reference doesn't reveal a tracking number, so unless none of my phone numbers got added, mine still hasn't left. And my order still shows delivery on 21 November.

I have a Verizon version on the way. I just got the e-mail at 6:30am (EST) saying it shipped. FedEx actually has the delivery date of 11/15, but I'm assuming that it will be held up until the 16th like they did with the iPhones (the e-mail says the 16th). It was supposedly picked up in Shenzhen today. As of late yesterday I still had the "21st" delivery date. I leave for Thanksgiving next week, so getting it this Friday will be good.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
I have a Verizon version on the way. I just got the e-mail at 6:30am (EST) saying it shipped. FedEx actually has the delivery date of 11/15, but I'm assuming that it will be held up until the 16th like they did with the iPhones (the e-mail says the 16th). It was supposedly picked up in Shenzhen today. As of late yesterday I still had the "21st" delivery date. I leave for Thanksgiving next week, so getting it this Friday will be good.

I don't think there is a hold like the iPhone 5 because they had that on iPad mini wifi only not the lte.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
the estimated delivery date is a moving target with me. it hasn't even actually shipped yet, so this is all due to a problem at the factory.

first it was Nov 23
then Nov 16 (upgraded to next-day shipping)
then by itself it's done the following:
then Nov 19, then Nov 21.

i've already changed my Thanksgiving family travel plans twice now to make sure i am there to receive the iPad since FedEx is notorious for just leaving packages on your door step regardless if a signature is required or not. they did it with my iPhone 4S, then refused to go back to pick it up. it was a miracle no one stole it as it sat there for 2 days.

enough is enough. i've had it. i'm calling up Apple this evening and demanding to cancel my order (even though it says Preparing For Shipping - cannot cancel or modify). what does that accomplish for me, as a customer? nothing except being spiteful. i know it will have no impact on Apple, they won't really care. i'll just do what i should have done - buy an iPad 3 refurb and save $150. they'll still get my money, albeit less of it which is even better for me.

if they had just picked a date and stuck with it, i would be less annoyed. still annoyed that i seem to be behind everyone else here despite me ordering within hours that pre-orders went live, but significantly less annoyed than how i am right now

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
the estimated delivery date is a moving target with me. it hasn't even actually shipped yet, so this is all due to a problem at the factory.

first it was Nov 23

i've already changed my Thanksgiving family travel plans twice now to make sure i am there to receive the iPad since FedEx is notorious for just leaving packages on your door step regardless if a signature is required or not. they did it with my iPhone 4S, then refused to go back to pick it up. it was a miracle no one stole it as it sat there for 2 days.

enough is enough. i've had it. i'm calling up Apple this evening and demanding to cancel my order (even though it says Preparing For Shipping - cannot cancel or modify). what does that accomplish for me, as a customer? nothing except being spiteful. i know it will have no impact on Apple, they won't really care. i'll just do what i should have done - buy an iPad 3 refurb and save $150. they'll still get my money, albeit less of it which is even better for me.

if they had just picked a date and stuck with it, i would be less annoyed. still annoyed that i seem to be behind everyone else here despite me ordering within hours that pre-orders went live, but significantly less annoyed than how i am right now

Medic311,

I get where u coming from. I contacted Apple today asked what is happening with my iPad with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 64GB - White. They told me that 5 business days meaning the latest by the 15th i should have a tracking number. I been on preparing to ship since Thursday / Friday. They told me i should get it before the Nov 23 or on
that day.
Thank god at least my iPad mini shipped today

xofruitcake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012

first it was Nov 23

Can you tell Fedex to hold your package and won't deliver it until you come home? I can see that you want to get the mini asap. But it affects your family travel plan, why not just let it sit in the Fedex office a few days until you come home...

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Can you tell Fedex to hold your package and won't deliver it until you come home? I can see that you want to get the mini asap. But it affects your family travel plan, why not just let it sit in the Fedex office a few days until you come home...

both FedEx and UPS are supposed to offer that service to customers, when you request to hold the package at the hub. however the hubs near me try to minimize that to increase efficiency and falsely claim they must make 1 delivery attempt first before i can request that service.

problem is, the delivery attempt results in the guy leaving it on my door step despite the large yellow "Signature Required" label on the box.

oh by the way, it's for the iPad 4

psi-star-psi

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
then u will be getting it earlier. i am a USA order. So it shipping from China

It turns out that I'm a total fool. I wasn't the one who made the order — someone else did. He sent me the tracking number as soon as he received it, and it WAS delivered today, but it turned out to only be the nanoSIM card; the iPad hasn't departed yet.

*sigh*

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Got an update from Apple that my iPad Mini shipped and will deliver by 11/16/12.

Got an update from UPS that the iPad Mini will deliver by the end of the day on Thursday 11/15/12:

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday,*11/15/2012,*By End of Day
Last Location:
Arrived - Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, Tuesday,*11/13/2012

Funny someone from Apple just called me to confirm and let me know my iPad mini will arrive tomorrow.

I asked them about my iPad 4th gen 64GB VZW, he told me when it is prepared for shipping meaning it in a box already on a crate with other iPad once they scan it, it will changed to shipped and will get a tracking number. I am hoping tonight or tomorrow i see a change.

Last edited:

Trooper Sam

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2009
3:59 pm Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
11:23 am International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN
10:15 am Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

Hey, mine's in America! :D

Captriker

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
3:59 pm Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
11:23 am International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN
10:15 am Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

Hey, mine's in America! :D

same here. Still says delivery date of Monday but I would imagine if it left Memphis it's bound for my state and should reach there tomorrow. So it should get to me by Friday. Of course, there could be any number of things wrong with that logic.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Funny someone from Apple just called me to confirm and let me know my iPad mini will arrive tomorrow.

I asked them about my iPad 4th gen 64GB VZW, he told me when it is prepared for shipping meaning it in a box already on a crate with other iPad once they scan it, it will changed to shipped and will get a tracking number. I am hoping tonight or tomorrow i see a change.

My iPad 4th gen did not ship out yet and Apple CSR says it should
ship out sometime today, they are trying to avoid me setting up
a return. If i buy it in Apple store my line will be chewed and they
wont be able to charge me for the one they want to ship lol.

On a good note my iPad mini is in Jersey.
Last Location:
Departed - Newark, NJ, United States, Thursday, 11/15/2012

Out for delivery

Just got it delivered nice

Now the waiting for iPad 4 lol

Last edited:

funjon

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Seattle, WA
I'm still confused about why they went from China to Anchorage to Memphis... Usually FedEx does ISR in Anchorage, then mine would go from ANC to Oakland, then bounce around the SF Bay area and finally get delivered. If they hadn't taken the unnecessary round trip to Tennessee I theoretically could've had it today. Oh well. At least it is finally in Oakland. My delivery date still shows Tuesday, I'm going to be even MORE pissed off if it sits unmoving on Monday.

BryanSanDiego

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
San Diego Country Estates, CA
I'm still confused about why they went from China to Anchorage to Memphis... Usually FedEx does ISR in Anchorage, then mine would go from ANC to Oakland, then bounce around the SF Bay area and finally get delivered. If they hadn't taken the unnecessary round trip to Tennessee I theoretically could've had it today. Oh well. At least it is finally in Oakland. My delivery date still shows Tuesday, I'm going to be even MORE pissed off if it sits unmoving on Monday.

Funjon,

Just to give you a heads up I wondered the same thing for my own iPad 4. I contacted FedEx on Saturday and the customer server tracked my package and showed it in LA even though the package showed it was in Tennessee. He stated that the package is shipped with many others and the tracking number is associated with more than one package.

Nov 18, 2012 2:30 AM
In transit
LOS ANGELES, CANov 17, 2012 3:43 AMInternational shipment release - ImportMEMPHIS, TNNov 16, 2012 5:15 PMAt destination sort facilityONTARIO, CANov 16, 2012 3:46 PMDeparted FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TNNov 16, 2012 11:03 AMInternational shipment release - ImportMEMPHIS, TNNov 16, 2012 10:18 AMArrived at FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TNNov 16, 2012 1:12 AMDeparted FedEx locationANCHORAGE, AKNov 15, 2012 11:47 PMArrived at FedEx locationANCHORAGE, AKNov 16, 2012 7:21 AMDeparted FedEx locationGUANGZHOU CNNov 16, 2012 5:22 AMArrived at FedEx locationGUANGZHOU CNNov 16, 2012 3:40 AMIn transitCHENGDU CNNov 16, 2012 12:13 AMIn transitCHENGDU CNNov 16, 2012 12:11 AMIn transitCHENGDU CNNov 15, 2012 5:37 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityCHENGDU CNNov 15, 2012 2:02 PMPicked upCHENGDU CN

As you can see this package has gone everywhere and I had it set up for 1-3 day shipping.

funjon

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Seattle, WA
Funjon,

Just to give you a heads up I wondered the same thing for my own iPad 4. I contacted FedEx on Saturday and the customer server tracked my package and showed it in LA even though the package showed it was in Tennessee. He stated that the package is shipped with many others and the tracking number is associated with more than one package.

Mine tracked FedEx flights pretty closely, so I'm sure mine did go from China to Anchorage to Memphis to Oakland. It finally made it to the south bay this morning at 7am, and was delivered at 10. So at least I don't have to be all emo whiny all day with "waaaaugh where's my ipad :*( "

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.