Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Has anyone noticed a jump in battery life after 6.01? I was thinking a few days ago how I haven't had to charge overnight all the time and still end my second day with around 30+%. Not sure if it's 6.01, but I haven't changed anything in my settings. Regardless, this is great! Way better than anything I ever got on my 4s.

Kenjhee

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Really? Half a day or more is excellent. I'll need to upgrade.

Granted it's just one user and one phone, but I'm a scientist and used to recording and analyzing data. My notes indicate about a half day increase in standby time. YMMV of course. Let us know how it goes for you.

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
No noticeable Improvement here :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 66

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah I noticed this too, but then I read that one of the hidden updates of 6.01 was that a genius breaks into your home, takes a sip of your juice and installs a new, larger battery in your phone. So nothing special, i expected it actually.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
Actually, the update made it worse for me. I did the over the air update, which I hate doing anyway because I also like to start clean with updates everytime. And 6.0.1 proved to me why I do it.

I updated, and my phone would drain about 5% every 5ish minutes using the phone. I wiped everything, and started clean, I was at 100% for about a half hour and I was constantly using the phone for that time. That just tells you that you should always clean install updates.

Note: On 6.0, I never restored from backup on my 5, I always start fresh. But as soon as I accepted the 6.0.1 update, things went downhill.

AndyMoore

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
Can someone please explain the "Time since last full recharge" figures.

My battery is currently at 65% with Usage at 2 Hours 17 and Standby at 11 Hours 4.

Does that mean it was last plugged in 13 Hours 15 Minutes ago?
If so the it should really say something like "Time used since last full recharge".

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Hi, I don't think the standby time excludes the usage time, or mine would not make sense

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 40
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.