Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VANCIN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Attachments

• iPad-mini-agenda1.jpg
    iPad-mini-agenda1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 258
  • iPad-mini-agenda-inside2.png
    iPad-mini-agenda-inside2.png
    92 KB · Views: 269
  • iPad-mini-agenda-backside3.png
    iPad-mini-agenda-backside3.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 266

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
I've always liked their products but they're so expensive!

This is long long ago but I did splurge once and got a Vaja case for my Palm Treo. :D It was a great case and got lots of compliments. Good build quality too.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
Me either. But each to his own. I'd rather buy an iPod with that kind of money, or even apps and music.

To be quite honest, I find the smart cover's soft inside surface with it's constant contact and rubbing of the screen GREATLY reduces the ongoing smudges and keeps my iPad 2 (and now iPad mini) much cleaner than folio type covers that don't keep a constant contact with the screen.

Mmorinx

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
I just received my Vaja case for the iPad mini and it's amazing!! It offers full protection with all sleep/wake functionality. The leather is the highest quality I have ever seen. I customized my case, but noticed they started to offer other colors which ship immediately. I'm thinking about getting another one because it's so nice!! Well worth the money!

Aaron25053

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
If you don't mind me asking, when did you order the case? I too, ordered two cases (one for my girlfriend, and one for myself) and just wondering do they really take up 30 days to make and ship? Anyway, congratulation on the case, their quality is indeed top notch:)

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
I just received my Vaja case for the iPad mini and it's amazing!! It offers full protection with all sleep/wake functionality. The leather is the highest quality I have ever seen. I customized my case, but noticed they started to offer other colors which ship immediately. I'm thinking about getting another one because it's so nice!! Well worth the money!

How about the weight?

barnetda

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Dallas, TX
Would really like to know about the weight.

The reason i bought the mini was for the light weight , is this case noticeably heavier than the Apple case?

thanks

jksu

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2009
I like my bear motion buffalo leather case...great feel. like an old book. slim. only $40

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
To be quite honest, I find the smart cover's soft inside surface with it's constant contact and rubbing of the screen GREATLY reduces the ongoing smudges and keeps my iPad 2 (and now iPad mini) much cleaner than folio type covers that don't keep a constant contact with the screen.

I have no problems with my iPad 2 Vaja Libretto, don't see why it would be less in in contact with the screen.

I love the leather of my Libretto, but it is already the third. The first didn't hold the iPad securely, the second has the leather go bubbly. The third now also lost some of the grip on the Pad so I had to attach it with a adhesive tape.

$200 for a smaller version is pretty steep and in relation to size it adds more bulk rendering the smaller form factor/weight a little useless.

Still love how my iPad feels wrapped in really fantastic leather, but if I'd buy a mini, I would look for a different solution.

Last edited:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I'm kind of over Vaja's kooky colors and wacky angles. They're trying too hard.

Mini luv

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012

Hi! Would you mind posting the dimensions of your case with the Mini installed? L x W x thickness with the cover closed would be great. Thank you! (Assuming you have the Libretto?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.