Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Since I bought my iPad mini a few days ago, I have not even turned on my iPad 3. I just find using the iPad mini a much better experience. At first I wasn't going to sell the iPad 3, but now seriously considering it.

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
I listed my iPad 3 on eBay the day I picked up mini. Waiting for MacMall to get the LTE version in so I can go exchange the Wi-Fi mini I have now.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
Well its whatever you feel comfortable using if you aren't going to be using it then you might as well sell it and get something esle with the money or something on them lines well i would its all down to choices at the end of the day.But i agree with you the mini seems to be a better device the 9'7 inch iPad when it first came out i thought i don't really need one of them and i thought oh well i get one and see what its like and seem i have used it once never looked back seems to be just in my hand all the time i seem to use it more then i use the my 9'7 inch iPad i think because it more comfortable it feels like you can hold it and use it for a lot longer then you can use the 9'7 inch iPad

I have 1st Generation iPad 1 and it fine for streaming videos and Tv Series and watching Tv when i feel like it.

i like the 9'7inch iPad for watching media on i just think the mini is just slightly small for watching videos or Tv on personally don't get me wrong you can watch it on the iPad mini but i just prefer the 9'7 inch iPad for watching things on

Iam really enjoying the mini at the moment i can never put it down always using it for something a lot more comfortable to use then the 9'7 inch iPad
for reading checking emails and playing games seems to be a bit better experience too the 9'7 inch iPad feels uncomfortable when playing games i think.

I think the mini is going to be a really bigger seller for apple i think it might take a couple of years to take off but it will get there with the 9'7 inch iPad or maybe even better then the 9'7 inch iPad.

The mini is perfect when traveling around and you want to check something or you want to read a book or anything just suite you needs really well apple did a really good job of making it such a perfect shape a size and weight for the customers.

I think apple have put quite a bit of pressure on the amazon now with there kindle range because its a good price its nice and light and works well.

Iam sure apple will show us the figures how many kindles have been sold and how many iPad minis have been sold over the past 12 months.

Maverick713

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2009
Houston, TX
Well its whatever you feel comfortable using if you aren't going to be using it then you might as well sell it and get something esle with the money or something on them lines well i would its all down to choices at the end of the day.But i agree with you the mini seems to be a better device the 9'7 inch iPad when it first came out i thought i don't really need one of them and i thought oh well i get one and see what its like and seem i have used it once never looked back seems to be just in my hand all the time i seem to use it more then i use the my 9'7 inch iPad i think because it more comfortable it feels like you can hold it and use it for a lot longer then you can use the 9'7 inch iPad

I have 1st Generation iPad 1 and it fine for streaming videos and Tv Series and watching Tv when i feel like it.

i like the 9'7inch iPad for watching media on i just think the mini is just slightly small for watching videos or Tv on personally don't get me wrong you can watch it on the iPad mini but i just prefer the 9'7 inch iPad for watching things on

Iam really enjoying the mini at the moment i can never put it down always using it for something a lot more comfortable to use then the 9'7 inch iPad
for reading checking emails and playing games seems to be a bit better experience too the 9'7 inch iPad feels uncomfortable when playing games i think.

I think the mini is going to be a really bigger seller for apple i think it might take a couple of years to take off but it will get there with the 9'7 inch iPad or maybe even better then the 9'7 inch iPad.

The mini is perfect when traveling around and you want to check something or you want to read a book or anything just suite you needs really well apple did a really good job of making it such a perfect shape a size and weight for the customers.

I think apple have put quite a bit of pressure on the amazon now with there kindle range because its a good price its nice and light and works well.

Iam sure apple will show us the figures how many kindles have been sold and how many iPad minis have been sold over the past 12 months.

I agree a 9 foot ipad WAYYYYYY to big a 9.7" is good but for me 7.9" is the way to go. Sorry I just hadda say it I thought it was funny :D

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
I just got my LTE mini yesterday. Originaly I had intended it as a replacement for my iPad2. About a week or so ago I got impatient and picked up a wifi iPad4. Over the last 24 hours I've been jumping back and forth between the two, they both have their strengths and weaknesses and for me there is no clear cut winner. I've got another two weeks to make a decision on which one I'll keep, if I don't talk my self into keeping both.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
After playing with the iPad mini, I decided to sell my iPad 3 and replace it with the iPad mini.

Last edited:

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
You've got "new toy syndrome". You intensely enjoy your mini because its new and novel. I'd wait a few weeks before making a decision to sell your iPad 3.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Since I bought my iPad mini a few days ago, I have not even turned on my iPad 3. I just find using the iPad mini a much better experience. At first I wasn't going to sell the iPad 3, but now seriously considering it.

Out of interest, why did you by both?

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Sold my iPad 3 and bought the mini. Haven't put it down much, and easily use it more than I did 1st gen iPad, iPad 2, and iPad 3.

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
I have this dilemma...I bought a 4 and a Mini....I do know I have new toy syndrome and adore the mini, however, the Mini is such a good experience that I just don't know what I'd use the 4 for. My wife has a 3 and while she likes my mini, her cost conscious mind keeps her liking her 3....decisions decisions.....

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
My ipad 3 has gone the way of the Maytag repairman...alone and bored it sits. :D

I will be selling my 3 shortly. No point keeping it only to collect dust.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
You've got "new toy syndrome". You intensely enjoy your mini because its new and novel. I'd wait a few weeks before making a decision to sell your iPad 3.

Maybe so but I had the iPad 3 bought preowned from Best Buy for about a week until I was able to get a Mini. It took me all of one day after I bought the latter to return the iPad3.

I am new to apple ecosystem. So I have a nice light and small new toy and a new OS as well. I am sure there are many where the Mini was their first Apple tablet.

M

Mr.damien

It can't be ! You didn't hear that the screen sucks so much in comparison of the retina one that you can't use the iPad mini ?

Just drop your iPad mini ! :rolleyes:

BTW, I am selling my iPad 2 for a Mini LTE :D

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Bigger is not always better.

My iPad 3 LTE is hasn't been charged/used since the Mini.

When (not if) the Retina Mini gets release the iPad will fall.

Yanwoo

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2006
Same here. I'm using my mini much more than I ever used my iPad 2, there's something about it that makes it more compelling to use.

I went into the store intent on buying the ipad 4 but after playing with both for a bit the choice became pretty clear. I've always liked the size of the kindle, so it makes sense I felt that way. The other factor for me is I have an 11" macbook air so the bigger iPad tended to 'compete' with that for my usage.

Interestingly, now I have the mini, I'm finding I use my phone around the house less.

I've had it two weeks now and, for me, new toy syndrome typically lasts a day or two so I fancy this might be different.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
It can't be ! You didn't hear that the screen sucks so much in comparison of the retina one that you can't use the iPad mini ?

Just drop your iPad mini ! :rolleyes:

BTW, I am selling my iPad 2 for a Mini LTE :D

There isn't anything at all wrong with the iPad mini screen.

IbisDoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2010
Everyone says this at first, in order to feel good about the purchase. I also have an iPad mini and an iPad 4. No doubt the the 4 is the much better experience. Not even close. Screen size and quality trump everything else. The mini screen is mediocre at its best, horrible at its worst.

----------

Wow you should really share some of your wealth.

Don't worry, the president has that covered.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

Frankly I can't see a good reason to keep both.
Choose whatever fits your needs and sell the other ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.