Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:05 PM   #1
FooDog11
macrumors newbie

iPhoto: (Re-)Disable auto import from iphone?

Hi, all. My iphoto has recently started to want to automatically import all photos from my iphone when it is connected and iphoto is open. Previously, when I had the iphone connected and opened iphoto, it loaded thumbnails of all photos on my phone and I then manually selected which ones I wanted to import (usually only the last dozen or so of the 1000-some-odd pics I have on my iphone).

I do not have iphoto set to launch automatically (which it does not), and I have photo stream turned off on my iphone. I can't find any other settings that seem related.

If it matters, I'm on a 2010 MBP running Snow Leopard.

Thank you for any help you can offer! I'd love to know why it's doing this now, and how to get it back to not doing it.
FooDog11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:38 PM   #2
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooDog11 View Post
Hi, all. My iphoto has recently started to want to automatically import all photos from my iphone when it is connected and iphoto is open. Previously, when I had the iphone connected and opened iphoto, it loaded thumbnails of all photos on my phone and I then manually selected which ones I wanted to import (usually only the last dozen or so of the 1000-some-odd pics I have on my iphone).

I do not have iphoto set to launch automatically (which it does not), and I have photo stream turned off on my iphone. I can't find any other settings that seem related.

If it matters, I'm on a 2010 MBP running Snow Leopard.

Thank you for any help you can offer! I'd love to know why it's doing this now, and how to get it back to not doing it.
I am an Aperture user... and that has a setting to "not import duplicates"... so when I connect a device, it does not import anything already in the library.

I was pretty sure that feature was also in iPhoto, but I cannot find the control for it. Have you tried importing them all? If so... does it still want to import the older photos that have already been imported?

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:03 PM   #3
FooDog11
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynz4 View Post
I am an Aperture user... and that has a setting to "not import duplicates"... so when I connect a device, it does not import anything already in the library.

I was pretty sure that feature was also in iPhoto, but I cannot find the control for it. Have you tried importing them all? If so... does it still want to import the older photos that have already been imported?

/Jim
Hi -- Thanks for your answer. I have imported them all -- a couple of times -- but it doesn't seem to recognize the previously imported photos as duplicates. That has been the case almost from the get-go. That was the reason I started to just manually select photos to import in the first place. Maybe I'll try it again, since I haven't done that since before this recent issue...
FooDog11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store