Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Most current iTunes, have iOS 6.0.1 on my iPhone 4S. Bought a brand new iPad tonight, plugged it in, updated to 6.0.1, went to sync my apps, none in iTunes to sync.

Plugged in phone, apps are on phone, no apps in iTunes.

I've been searching around and found this seems to be a problem with iOS 6. As far as iTunes is concerned, the apps are gone. Nothing I've seen online seems to be a cause nor solution.

I'm pissed, because I have a brand new iPad and can't put any apps on it since they apparently are vaporware!

Where are my apps??

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Most current iTunes, have iOS 6.0.1 on my iPhone 4S. Bought a brand new iPad tonight, plugged it in, updated to 6.0.1, went to sync my apps, none in iTunes to sync.

Plugged in phone, apps are on phone, no apps in iTunes.

I've been searching around and found this seems to be a problem with iOS 6. As far as iTunes is concerned, the apps are gone. Nothing I've seen online seems to be a cause nor solution.

I'm pissed, because I have a brand new iPad and can't put any apps on it since they apparently are vaporware!

Where are my apps??

First, do you sync your apps with iTunes or do you use iCloud?

Second, when you plugged in your iPad and conected to iTunes, did you select the ipad, then click on the apps tab and check the apps you wanted to sync to your iPad?

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
As long as you entered the same Apple ID on your iPad that you use on your iPhone, if you open App Store on your iPad and tap on the Purchased tab at the bottom you should get a list of all the universal apps you've bought for your iPhone. Any apps that were only intended for the iPhone will be missing from this list as far as I know.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
As long as you entered the same Apple ID on your iPad that you use on your iPhone, if you open App Store on your iPad and tap on the Purchased tab at the bottom you should get a list of all the universal apps you've bought for your iPhone. Any apps that were only intended for the iPhone will be missing from this list as far as I know.

Thanks, but just one shows upmthere.

They are gone in iTunes:confused:

EDIT: Baggio, I think so but I'll try later on tonight and see.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
yea no apps, everythings completely gone. pissing me ogff since i have nothing loaded onto my new iPad

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Did you try plugging in your phone, selecting it in iTunes, right-clicking it, and select transfer purchases?

Also, is your computer authorized with your iTunes acccount?

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Did you try plugging in your phone, selecting it in iTunes, right-clicking it, and select transfer purchases?

Also, is your computer authorized with your iTunes acccount?

Yep, I ended up just going this route, not sure what happened but that seems to have gotten me back on track.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.