Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:58 PM   #1
imbm24
macrumors newbie

Mac Mini w-2MBP do I need server to back up

Hello,

I have a Mac Mini and 2 Mac Book Pro. Right now it seems that we can only connect one of the MBP at a time to be able to have Time Machine back up to the MyBook 3T drive attached to the Mac Mini. Is the only (or best) solution to purchase OS X Server on the Mac Mini so we can have both MBP connected at the same time. Is there another option. I don't have much money and am not into Linux or other stuff but I do want something fairly easy and trouble free.

All three computers are now running Mountain Lion. I also have the Mac Mini connect to my TV and use to to stream NetFlix or play movies stored on the MyBook. If I change it to OS X Server will I still be able to do that?

Last edited by imbm24; Nov 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM.
imbm24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking