Question About Backing Up iPhone - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:16 PM   #1
Newbiee
macrumors newbie

Question About Backing Up iPhone

Does backing up include apps, notes, music, contacts and pictures? And if not how would I back them up?
And if I were to restore my phone from a backup what would get transferred back on?
Newbiee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:21 PM   #2
itkindaworks
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiee View Post
Does backing up include apps, notes, music, contacts and pictures? And if not how would I back them up?
And if I were to restore my phone from a backup what would get transferred back on?
I believe it's everything you mentioned minus music. That would be too much to backup. If you manually manage your music, there are plenty of third party programs to rip your music.
itkindaworks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:34 AM   #3
lelisa13p
macrumors 65816

I do this every time before I upgrade to a new iPhone.

Connect your iPhone to iTunes and from the main menu, first choose to Transfer your purchases to iTunes, to get any apps that you've bought using your iPhone into iTunes for a record of the most current activity. After that process is finished, right click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the device name, then choose Backup from the resulting menu. Wait a little while for it to finish.

Next, I plug my new empty iPhone into iTunes & choose Restore from Backup. The result is essentially a clone of my previous iPhone. Everything transfers: music, documents, all apps, Settings, text messages, photos, video, ebooks. Everything. This is my third upgraded iPhone & it worked like a charm each time.
lelisa13p is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone