Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
I know, too early to ask but I want to know.

All I want is my resume and notifications to work proper. And please bring back the f keys option for third party keyboards, that's just pathetic. Apple keyboards are meh, I don't want to be forced to use them for a option I need ticked.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Problem is, 3rd party keyboards do not have a Fn key, making the setting meaningless. I have neither resume nor notifications issues. :confused:

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
Problem is, 3rd party keyboards do not have a Fn key, making the setting meaningless. I have neither resume nor notifications issues. :confused:

Mine has a fn key. Anyway, I don't think you quite understand just how important this is. An fn key is useless when using the f12 keys in something like a game. If your just doing it for something quick (can't think of a scenario atm) it probably won't matter.

As for the resume and notification issues I guess some people like me have issues with older machines. It's not uncommon. So you I would advise you ditch your puzzled smilie.

Why are the Apple keyboards meh? I think they're great.

Try out some razer or logitechs keyboard and mice. Apple has beautiful design and build but the flat keys are annoying. their mice are well, I'm not gonna even say.

I guess the nice way to say this is they don't suck, there are just better computing hardware third party. You just happen o have lower standards here, no problem, it works for you.

Last edited:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Mine has a fn key. Anyway, I don't think you quite understand just how important this is. An fn key is useless when using the f12 keys in something like a game. If your just doing it for something quick (can't think of a scenario atm) it probably won't matter.

As for the resume and notification issues I guess some people like me have issues with older machines. It's not uncommon. So you I would advise you ditch your puzzled smilie.
No, I fully understand the Fn key setting - I use it myself. I have not tried a 3rd party keyboard with OS X though. I have not heard any reports of these issues, but I am not surprised that they exist.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
No, I fully understand the Fn key setting - I use it myself. I have not tried a 3rd party keyboard with OS X though. I have not heard any reports of these issues, but I am not surprised that they exist.

I meant the f keys used as standard without the primary media function, not the fn key but all right. Yeah, I made a thread whining about it. Its a problem all right.

gumblecosby

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Hopefully it will fix these bugs (some of which I sent to Bug Reporter):

-Memory Leaks in certain Nvidia GPU's

-Green button zooming in the finder "Icons" view not correctly resizing

-Slow shutdown caused by "appleeventsd" hanging for 20 seconds before being terminated.

-battery life (has gradually improved since 10.8.0)

-User Interface performance. Especially with Mission Control and desktop switching. (Lion improved over its iterations, hopefully Mountain Lion does the same)

-Not permanently saving custom folders in the "Desktop & Screensaver" section in System Preferences

-QuicklookSatellite process eating %150+ CPU time when trying to generate thumbnails for certain media files. Related to sandboxing. Workaround is here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1463364/

-Re-enable the ability to use a laptop with the internal display de-activated when connected to a monitor. Currently one needs to place a magnet in a certain spot to trick the computer into thinking the lid is closed.
This command "sudo nvram boot-args="iog=0x0" no longer works in 10.8.2 .

Edit

-Launch Services constantly creating duplicate entries in "Open With" when working with multiple Mac OS partitions

-Spotlight privacy settings affecting other install partitions. This bug began in 10.7 for me.

Last edited:

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005

-Slow shutdown caused by "appleeventsd" hanging for 20 seconds before being terminated.

-User Interface performance. Especially with Mission Control and desktop switching. (Lion improved over its iterations, hopefully Mountain Lion does the same)

-Not permanently saving custom folders in the "Desktop & Screensaver" section in System Preferences

-QuicklookSatellite process eating %150+ CPU time when trying to generate thumbnails for certain media files. Related to sandboxing. Workaround is here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1463364/

-Re-enable the ability to use a laptop with the internal display de-activated when connected to a monitor. Currently one needs to place a magnet in a certain spot to trick the computer into thinking the lid is closed.

Edit

-Launch Services constantly creating duplicate entries in "Open With" when working with multiple Mac OS partitions

-Spotlight privacy settings affecting other install partitions. This bug began in 10.7 for me.

Finally... someone notices my problem... I thought I'm the only one pestering Apple about nvidia GPU memory leak issue...

razmarino

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012

Edit

if they do, ill go and buy ipad mini

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK

Does your Apple menu logo sometimes appear a bit brighter than normal until you use Mission Control? then it appears jet black.

These two are down right infuriating!

This too. Seriously, how can Apple not find these? do they not use their OS at all?

ObeseSquirrel

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Variable snooze times for notifications... how can Apple miss this? Calendar alerts are almost unusable now.

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
Try out some razer or logitechs keyboard and mice. Apple has beautiful design and build but the flat keys are annoying. their mice are well, I'm not gonna even say.

I guess the nice way to say this is they don't suck, there are just better computing hardware third party. You just happen o have lower standards here, no problem, it works for you.

Sometimes I love the Internet. How can you say I have lower standards when you know nothing of what I have or tried. I have owned plenty of Logitech keyboard sets and Razer mice. The mechanical media keyboards to my favourite at the moment, the Solar keyboard K750. I personally prefer the quiet laptop type keyboards. Own a number of MX1000's to MX Revolution and a few others I've forgotten the names.

I use Logitech mice on Mac and Windows. Love Apple's flat keyboards the most. Especially the bluetooth wireless version. Even though I've been a Logitech user since 2003.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
Sometimes I love the Internet. How can you say I have lower standards when you know nothing of what I have or tried. I have owned plenty of Logitech keyboard sets and Razer mice. The mechanical media keyboards to my favourite at the moment, the Solar keyboard K750. I personally prefer the quiet laptop type keyboards. Own a number of MX1000's to MX Revolution and a few others I've forgotten the names.

I use Logitech mice on Mac and Windows. Love Apple's flat keyboards the most. Especially the bluetooth wireless version. Even though I've been a Logitech user since 2003.

Whoops, sorry, I'll repharse that. You just have different taste. No need to be so touchy.

And it's awesome that you love the internet, I like it too :D;)

jvpython

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
New Zealand

Edit

You're spot on. I'd be so happy if apple did all the things you mentioned as well as fix a few bugs with the finder that I mentioned in other threads as well as some bugs in safari.

velo

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008

Edit

You're spot on. I thought I was the only one with these problems.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I hope those that are having problems are reporting them to Apple via http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html, if you don't then Apple may not know of these problems. For the ones mentioned in this thread, I do not have, except for those requesting features. :/

We won't hear anything about 10.8.3 for another week, since they are off this entire week.

Hugh

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I know, too early to ask but I want to know.

All I want is my resume and notifications to work proper. And please bring back the f keys option for third party keyboards, that's just pathetic. Apple keyboards are meh, I don't want to be forced to use them for a option I need ticked.

Hopefully fix the mdworker, sandboxd and wake from sleep issues that have been happening since 10.8.2 was launched...this is really a major issue for many if not all users.

emir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
Blocking or removing the ability to hack yourself a DIY fusion drive from terminal.

or perhaps not?

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany

-battery life (has gradually improved since 10.8.0).

These are two big ones - the latter improved with the recent updates. But honestly I'm not sure that you really can achieve the Snow Leopard battery life again as ML is more complex with a lot of additional processes running in the background (iCloud, notification center, ...).

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
Hopefully fix the mdworker, sandboxd and wake from sleep issues that have been happening since 10.8.2 was launched...this is really a major issue for many if not all users.

Does those system processes relate to the dropped wifi when turning on from sleep?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.