Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:08 PM   #1
TrippKnightly
macrumors newbie

How to do a temporary iPad 2 backup on machine not my own

Am out of town at gramma's. IPad 2 w/ IOS 5 has flaky screen color problems necessitating genius bar visit and I'm expecting replacement will be required but regardless should back up any way. So, in advance I need to back it up to Gramma's iMac lest I lose photos and some other things on it not inherently part of iTunes (plus probably haven't synched to my MacBook at home in about a month).

I want to be careful, lest instead I synch Gramma's iTunes to my iPad instead of just getting a backup made of my iPad in its entirety and stored on Gramma's iMac.

Doable?
TrippKnightly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:03 AM   #2
nic78
macrumors newbie

Use iExplorer or ipod/iPhone to Mac/PC program to transfer all your media to computer then back up your device to iCloud. Your heard of iCloud right? Do you have it turned on?

Link for software.

http://www.macroplant.com/downloads.php

Last edited by nic78; Nov 18, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
nic78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting