What's on TV? - Page 7 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:51 PM   #151
millerj123
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by designs216 View Post
Person of Interest is pretty good. Of course such things are contrivances, like so much here...
Plus, it's on Thursdays, so if you've already settled down to watch "The Big Bang Theory", you just have to find 30 minutes of click, click, click until it comes on. I keep hoping for something decent in between, but no joy so far.

I was surprised at how fast "Rob" came and went, I mean, hey, that was pure comedy gold...
millerj123 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:27 PM   #152
MICHAELSD
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscriv View Post
Homeland is awesome. My wife and I watched the first season as it aired last year and she still talks about the season finale. We actually just picked up Showtime on our Uverse package so we can watch the current seasons of Dexter and Homeland. We'll cancel it again after the seasons are over.
Do yourself a favor and give Showtime's winter comedy lineup a shot. Those shows are definitely up there as superior to 99% of broadcast shows. Start Shameless On Demand, at least.
MICHAELSD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:38 PM   #153
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAELSD View Post
Do yourself a favor and give Showtime's winter comedy lineup a shot. Those shows are definitely up there as superior to 99% of broadcast shows. Start Shameless On Demand, at least.
No worries we love Shameless. Keeping Showtime is really dependent upon what kind of offers At&t has going for Uverse. I've had HBO/Cinemax free for about a year now by simply cancelling and then signing back up for the 3 month free promotion. I don't like paying for premium channels as my bill is high enough already.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:18 PM   #154
Iamnezzy
macrumors regular

Watching some Misfits gearing up for Series 4 coming soon
Iamnezzy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:07 AM   #155
millerj123
macrumors 6502a

The Science channel just had a Firefly marathon culminating with a 10th anniversary special.

Last Monday's episode of Castle was about a murder at a comicon, but they had Detective Beckett as the die hard fan of a Scifi series, not Nathan Fillion as the lead character of a Scifi series.

"Shiny."
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:28 PM   #156
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 603

For those in the UK (or who can receive British TV), BBC 2 have begun broadcasting (since last Friday when the first charming episode was broadcast) a series dedicated to celebrating 60 years of broadcasting where a legacy of superlative programmes (not just about nature and wildlife, those these featured strongly) were made (and indeed, commissioned) by the legendary naturalist, (and public servant), the superb, inspirational and wonderful , Sir David Attenborough.

In general, I watch very little TV, but anything by (and about) David Attenborough is well worth putting aside an hour or two in order to watch it.
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:28 AM   #157
Huntn
macrumors 604

Caught up with Homeland (3 episodes) last night. Still delicious.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:24 PM   #158
millerj123
macrumors 6502a

I started watching "Lie to Me" on Netflix. The stories are interesting, and it often takes turns I wasn't expecting. I am a little bummed that it was cancelled almost a year ago. Oh, well.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:31 PM   #159
Huntn
macrumors 604

I'm back into Battlestar Gallactica on Netflicks. In the 3rd season and they just killed off a major character. I am shocked. Now they are moving on to the trial of Gaius Baltar. I've always enjoyed his character along with the lovely No.6, hubba hubba.

Last edited by Huntn; Dec 30, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:45 PM   #160
gramirez2012
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to gramirez2012
Nothing, as always. 500+ channels and never anything to watch.
gramirez2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:50 PM   #161
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Nothing, as always. 500+ channels and never anything to watch.
I sure wish someone offered a la carte. There are so many channels I'm stuck with that I don't watch.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:51 AM   #162
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
I sure wish someone offered a la carte. There are so many channels I'm stuck with that I don't watch.
Then it would be difficult to charge you as much as they do, for your much smaller selection.

iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:14 AM   #163
Huntn
macrumors 604

With Dexter and Home Land season finals, and Walking Dead in hiatus, right now we've been amusing ourselves with Vampire Diaries which is becoming repetitive and Modern Family, which is still great. I was really hoping that Elena (Vampire Diaries) spoiler>>being turned<< end spoiler would really give the story a boost, but it really has not. But looking forward to Downton Abbey in January!

Last edited by Huntn; Jan 1, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:25 AM   #164
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 603

Quote:
With Dexter and Home Land season finals, and Walking Dead in hiatus, right now we've been amusing ourselves with Vampire Diaries which is becoming repetitive and Modern Family. I was really hoping that Elena (Vampire Diaries) spoiler>>being turned<< end spoiler would really give the story a boost, but it really has not. But looking forward to Downton Abbey in January!

A treat is in store for you, then. To my mind, Series Three is far, far better than Series Two was; it features much better (and more credible) plots, some great scenes, excellent acting and some real gut-wrenching drama. You'll enjoy it.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:33 AM   #165
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
A treat is in store for you, then. To my mind, Series Three is far, far better than Series Two was; it features much better (and more credible) plots, some great scenes, excellent acting and some real gut-wrenching drama. You'll enjoy it.
What impresses me most about historical dramas like this as compared to action films, is how human interactions and drama takes on heightened impact but in a relatively subtle manner, compared to explosions and kick ass fighting/action sequences, as in OMG, so and so is getting fired or they finally kissed!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:41 AM   #166
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 603

Quote:
What impresses me most about historical dramas like this as compared to action films, is how human interactions and drama takes on heightened impact but in a relatively subtle manner, compared to explosions and kick ass fighting/action sequences, as in OMG, so and so is getting fired or they finally kissed!
Oh, yes, I agree completely with you. Actually, in Downton Abbey, it also helps that the production values are lavish, it is beautifully shot, well acted, and above all, that - like all good soap operas - it is an excellent example of classy ensemble acting, rather than everyone else in the cast propping up, or supporting one or two main stars.

This also means that you can have a number of narrative arcs playing out simultaneously, and can vary the length, depth and tone of these respective stories. It also means that the story arcs themselves tend to focus on character development as they have the time to do so; action (and sometimes, plot) take second place to this. So, in such story lines human relations and relationships can be explored in detail over a season and you can get to know the characters and how they relate to one another, and how, in time and in turn, this can also change which is part of the attraction of such a series.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:41 PM   #167
Apple fanboy
macrumors 601

BBC 3 Pixar 25 Magic Moments 8:00 pm-9 pm

For those of you in the UK there is a program about the high's and low's of Pixar starting at 8. I'm sure you all know Pixar was one of Steve Jobs companies before he sold it (my wife didn't have a clue). Might be worth watching as there is naff all on again.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:55 PM   #168
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple fanboy View Post
For those of you in the UK there is a program about the high's and low's of Pixar starting at 8. I'm sure you all know Pixar was one of Steve Jobs companies before he sold it (my wife didn't have a clue). Might be worth watching as there is naff all on again.
Did Pixar have a low? I thought they had a long string of hits and lived happily ever after. Yes, it would still be interesting to watch.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:05 PM   #169
Apple fanboy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Did Pixar have a low? I thought they had a long string of hits and lived happily ever after. Yes, it would still be interesting to watch.
Didn't see any lows. It was basically an advert for Pixar. I've seen more informative stuff on the extras DVD you get with Toy Story etc.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 08:01 AM   #170
Huntn
macrumors 604

Battle Star Galactica Post...I'm on the last season (4).
Holy Frack! Spoiler>> They just found Earth! Momentary joy... << end spoiler.

Image purposefully not displayed for those watching the series for the first time.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 04:42 PM   #171
OnceYouGoMac
macrumors 6502

At the moment I've just left the TV on CNBC on mute, but I might go channel surfing in a moment and see if there's anything interesting to watch.
OnceYouGoMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:46 AM   #172
Huntn
macrumors 604

I'm down to the last two episodes of Battlestar Gallactica! Wondering if Caprica should be next on the agenda?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:48 PM   #173
Huntn
macrumors 604

Just finished 70+ episodes, 4 season of Battlestar Gallactica. Cool ending. Worth watching. In some ways more epic and cerebral than StarTrek Next Generation, my favorite scifi serial.

How many Cylons in this picture? If you answer, please shield or mark as spoiler for anyone who has not seen the series yet.
Thumb resize.

List of all Battestar Gallactica Episodes.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:39 AM   #174
twietee
macrumors 68030

just saw that 14 new episodes of Arrested Development are being confirmed. If true, that would be the best thing happening to my TV since years...fingers crossed, otherwise I'm afraid I just blue myself.
twietee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:18 PM   #175
Huntn
macrumors 604

Found The West documentary, about the history of the U.S. West by Ken Burns on Netflixs. I've seen it before, but it's been a long while. It is excellent. Now I remember, it also makes me feel disgust for the human race.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Tags
t.v., television, television shows