Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

valesco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
Hi guys,

I just bought a used MBA 2011. Great, except concerning the battery, which gets depleted really fast.

I ran Coconut battery in order to check its state, and it says that the battery is in good shape. This is strange.

Any idea ? Here is a picture so that you can see what I mean... It says "3:39 left" on the top, with 91 % of the charge. Yet the battery's health is great.

Capture%20battery.png

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Here is a picture so that you can see what I mean... It says "3:39 left" on the top, with 91 % of the charge. Yet the battery's health is great.
From the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link:
  • Your "time remaining" indication is an ever-changing estimate, based on the current workload of your system. It will fluctuate up and down from minute to minute as your power demands change. It is not perfectly accurate, but only an estimate.
The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

valesco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
From the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link:

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Thanks a lot, I'll make sure to read that. I quickly read the beginning, and before I posted I checked the CPU activity. I have had a white macbook for 5 years before this MBA, so I know that the estimates may fluctuate. However, in my case they never fluctuated beyond very low figures, with CPU idling. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.