Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
thats the exact reason why I am not lol I have been in customer service for 10+ years.. Very rarely do I talk on the phone in my personal life:cool::apple:

I agree with you there! Please text me because I will not answer your call! LOL :D

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
So I spoke to my tl today and confirmed it is in fact CPU with 70 agents in training a combined class but two separate teams!! Hope This clears up any past confusion:D:apple:

I wonder how fast one can move up the ladder, I want to move up to networking or servers

Tracycoder

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Kentucky
So I spoke to my tl today and confirmed it is in fact CPU with 70 agents in training a combined class but two separate teams!! Hope This clears up any past confusion:D:apple:

so the 11/26 class is CPU? or a combined class of CPU and iOS? When i did my paperwork call they said iOS... :confused:

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Can anyone elaborate on how often there is camera time in training? That's the only thing I'm dreading...having to be camera ready all of the time.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Hahahahahahaha. "I'm so not a phone person..." You're about to be on one every day! Sorry, I thought it was funny.

And I'll check on getting chairs. Prices, options, all that good stuff.

That's funny. I am not a phone person either... I hate phones but I'm getting by OK. In fact I've got some of the best call stats in our group.

AppleBlossom

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
BGC finally done, verbal offer

Got my phone call with verbal offer, yesterday, right before everyone went on vacation. So, it will be awhile before a get the email, then the paperwork, but I don't even care. :)

Yesterday was the biggest fundraiser of the year for my town's elementary schools, and I was in charge of bringing in sponsors, raffle and auction items. The call came at the craziest point of the craziest day in awhile, and I almost missed it!

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
Got my phone call with verbal offer, yesterday, right before everyone went on vacation. So, it will be awhile before a get the email, then the paperwork, but I don't even care. :)

Yesterday was the biggest fundraiser of the year for my town's elementary schools, and I was in charge of bringing in sponsors, raffle and auction items. The call came at the craziest point of the craziest day in awhile, and I almost missed it!

Congrats!!! Welcome to the Family:D:cool::apple::apple:

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
Can anyone elaborate on how often there is camera time in training? That's the only thing I'm dreading...having to be camera ready all of the time.

I have been in training for 2 weeks so far and only have been on camera a total of 3 times.

All 3 times were for introduction times.

You will be on camera on day 1.

roger306

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
Question, how far do you have to live within the radius of the selected city for this position? Also, I see alot of people saying they received an email stating they received their application after applying, I never received such an email. Does everyone get that email or only some?

Last edited:

catbite777

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Question, how far do you have to live within the radius of the selected city for this position? Also, I see alot of people saying they received an email stating they received their application after applying, I never received such an email. Does everyone get that email or only some?

After you apply, if they want to possibly interview you, you'll get an email with a questionnaire. You would then fill that out, send back, and the next step would be they contact you for interview 1.

Some people apply to more than one location. That seems to have worked for many. Others (like me) applied to one, and were lucky enough to get a hit off the one application.

Unless the job listing specifically states that you have to be in the 100 mile radius, you don't really have to be in any certain area. Others may have more information on that.

On a side note... 11/26ers we start a week from tomorrow!!! :D

roger306

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
After you apply, if they want to possibly interview you, you'll get an email with a questionnaire. You would then fill that out, send back, and the next step would be they contact you for interview 1.

Some people apply to more than one location. That seems to have worked for many. Others (like me) applied to one, and were lucky enough to get a hit off the one application.

Unless the job listing specifically states that you have to be in the 100 mile radius, you don't really have to be in any certain area. Others may have more information on that.

On a side note... 11/26ers we start a week from tomorrow!!! :D

Thank you for that info. What I meant about the email was if after hitting submit application if everyone received an email from apple stating they (apple) received your application and thank you for your interest in apple etc etc. When I submitted my application I never received that email, and I'm reading on here that people received that. Just hoping my application went through ok.

catbite777

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Thank you for that info. What I meant about the email was if after hitting submit application if everyone received an email from apple stating they (apple) received your application and thank you for your interest in apple etc etc. When I submitted my application I never received that email, and I'm reading on here that people received that. Just hoping my application went through ok.

Oops sorry about that! Yes, I received something like a "thank you for your interest" email after I submitted, which stated that they received my application, and if they were interested, a recruiter would be contacting me.

In your case, since you didn't receive one, I would try to apply again. On the listing you applied for, does it say "applied" now?

roger306

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
Oops sorry about that! Yes, I received something like a "thank you for your interest" email after I submitted, which stated that they received my application, and if they were interested, a recruiter would be contacting me.

In your case, since you didn't receive one, I would try to apply again. On the listing you applied for, does it say "applied" now?

Yes it shows I applied, I couldn't reapply to it. But what I did was I applied under the city of Austin (San Antonio was the first city I applied for) and I did receive an email that time. Im just hoping it still went through and they received my application for the San Antonio listing. Given that I'm closer to SA than I am Austin.

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA
For those in training or who have finished...
How long after the ergonomics lesson do we have to purchase a chair? I want to get a decent one but I won't have the money for the one I want until December possibly the second week. Do I have time? I start 11-26

Last edited:

roger306

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
Resume/Cover letter

I've submitted my application on the 15th, just waiting to hear a response from a recruiter now. I was wondering if anyone (preferably someone who got the job) would volunteer looking over my resume and cover letter and letting me know If you think its good enough. I dont have any work experience in the field of technology to show how much knowledge I have for it but I have taught myself everything I know about it. I do however have many years of customer service experience. I just hope my resume shows all of that. Any volunteers?

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
I've submitted my application on the 15th, just waiting to hear a response from a recruiter now. I was wondering if anyone (preferably someone who got the job) would volunteer looking over my resume and cover letter and letting me know If you think its good enough. I dont have any work experience in the field of technology to show how much knowledge I have for it but I have taught myself everything I know about it. I do however have many years of customer service experience. I just hope my resume shows all of that. Any volunteers?

I would say your cover letter needs to stand out not so much your technical experience. All so far from what I have read on here have come from all walks of the spectrum, but the kicker seem to have been our cover letter. You have to make it stand out.. But I would be glad to take a look at for you..:D:apple:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.