Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
I miss it
c297123_image_0.png

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
Same. I wish I didn't foolishly tossed it when it died. :(

I foolishly sold mine to found a small business I had when I was a teenager selling and modifying those motorized scooters. Never got around to buying another one, but if I can find one in good condition I would be open to buying one just to have in the car or something.

ChrisMan287

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
NY.
Do you still have it? Such a nice edition. I wanted to grab hold of one but missed out as well as one of those x-files editions for that last movie. Even if that movie wasn't very good as a fan of the show wish I would of grabbed one.

When powered on, just a folder pops up. I've tried fixing it a million times.

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
My first was the 1st gen iPod Mini
And my first Mac was a 2nd gen White Macbook, 2.0ghz with 1GB Ram and a 80GB HDD, Oh yeah 80GB.

Gunny011

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2011
iPod Nano Black (2GB) - absolutely loved it when I bought it in 2005!

Never thought I would own almost everything apple a few years later though, didn't mind windows back then.

Cancelled
May 16, 2010
I just remembered that before my own iMac, the very first Mac I used was one of the first Mac mini's, probably the first G4 model, back in 2004/05. As a kid (I was 12 or 13), I was walking around a tech store and came across it. I couldn't believe that a whole computer was packed into that little aluminum box, it blew my mind! I was stunned by its little details, like the minimal design and that tiny white light :)
I also tried Tiger on it and was surprised that despite I had never used a Mac before I was already able to use it and to understand how it worked, kinda gives you an idea of how intuitive MacOS really was... and that's how I became aware of Apple.. ah, good times :rolleyes:

img_126662_img_125222_new-mac-mini.jpg

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Mine too.

I still have it - it's sat on the desk next to my Mac as I type this. Still going strong, although getting ready for a new battery I think!

Mine needed a new battery about 4 years ago! As long as I hold it upright, it gets around 20 mins use, if I hold it and turn it slightly, It runs out of battery!

It got replaced by an iPod Classic which is still going strong!

When I was at college we went into a cellar bit with one of our teachers, turns out it was an old boarding house and they kept the confiscated goods, sadly it had flooded, but we found 1st gen iPods and Mini's and PSP's and all sorts, all damaged and broken, but still, an Apple collectors goldmine of broken goods!

MacCruiskeen

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
An Apple II+, in 1979. I had one floppy drive (they were wicked expensive), 32K ram. Some of the software came on cassette tapes. Some of the documentation came in a bound book of photocopies of some programmer's hand-written notes.

m00min

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
My first mac was a Performa 6400. I bought it 1997 before the final year of my graphics course. It had a whopping 2GB hard drive :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.