Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
Is it possible to use iPhoto to view photos without importing them? I want to be able to just view and delete photos in their original directories.

Thanks,
Anoop

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
iPhoto > Preferences:
ScreenCap 10.PNG
Although, I prefer Preview for viewing photos.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the reply.

I can't seem to get Preview to allow me to easily scroll
between photos within a directory. I pretty much have to
click on one photo at a time...am I missing something?

Anoop
Select all photos in the folder, right-click, Open (or Open With > Preview).

cdfox

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
If you're viewing a folder with many photos, rather than selecting them all and opening in Preview, you might want to open Preview first and open the folder from there.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you're viewing a folder with many photos, rather than selecting them all and opening in Preview, you might want to open Preview first and open the folder from there.
Nice resurrection of a nearly 2 year old thread, but your method is actually a longer way around. If you're already viewing the pics in Finder, you can select them right there, right-click and open. If you launch Preview then select File > Open, you'd likely have to navigate to the folder that you were already looking at in Finder. That's not nearly as efficient.

soconfus

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2015
Yet another seeming straightforward task, that you have to jump through hoops to accomplish. Thanks, Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.