Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:23 PM   #126
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNut View Post
I don't think people should be smoking anything while driving, I have seen people veer off the road lighting a cigarette.
Not just smoking though. I've seen people eating, drinking, trying to do makeup, talking on a phone, I mean **** the list could go on forever.

What are we supposed to do? Put handcuffs on every steering wheel that lock both hands in to the wheel while the car is moving?

It comes to the point where you can't make laws banning every single thing. We already have laws for distracted driving, reckless driving, etc. Might as well just enforce these laws if someone is breaking one of them rather then trying to make a new law for everything.
zioxide is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:22 PM   #127
Rt&Dzine
macrumors 6502a

Sorry if this has been addressed . . .

The case in NY where the guy is being charged with a felony because he tested positive for marijuana and his passengers were killed in a car accident, made me think about another difference between alcohol and weed.

Unlike alcohol, THC is detectable in your blood for quite awhile. You can test positive even if you haven't smoked recently. Is there a way to know if the driver is "under the influence" or if he just has some THC still in his system from some previous smoking?
Rt&Dzine is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:32 PM   #128
IBradMac
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to IBradMac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNut View Post
I can drive and talk on a cell phone with no problem either, that doesn't mean everyone can do it safely. If pot makes you sleepy and mellow not sure I want someone behind the wheel of a car.
I was hitting the steam roller once and blacked out twice. : | you think I was fit to drive?
IBradMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:54 PM   #129
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt&Dzine View Post
Unlike alcohol, THC is detectable in your blood for quite awhile. You can test positive even if you haven't smoked recently. Is there a way to know if the driver is "under the influence" or if he just has some THC still in his system from some previous smoking?
A nice question. I wonder if the PPM has even been considered, as with blood alcohol content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBradMac View Post
I was hitting the steam roller once and blacked out twice. : | you think I was fit to drive?
I think you would be unfit to even hold a license, assuming you did.
iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:33 AM   #130
12dylan34
macrumors 6502a

I wonder if there's an easy roadside way to detect THC. Breathalizers for alcohol measure the products of a very simple chemical reaction, but I wonder if there's a similar process for checking for THC.
12dylan34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:42 PM   #131
IBradMac
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to IBradMac
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJohnHenry View Post
A nice question. I wonder if the PPM has even been considered, as with blood alcohol content?

I think you would be unfit to even hold a license, assuming you did.
Assume nothing. I wasn't driving but you missed my point. I've never blacked out using to tobacco.
IBradMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:53 PM   #132
mfuchs88
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoknows87 View Post
I hope this is challenged somehow , we are stooping low, so we fight for women rights, voting rights etc...... and now we fight for people to get high
thats a fight not worth fighting for..
Read up about CBD as a legitimate medicine, as well as industrial hemp applications. You are very misinformed and if you think that all this legalization movement is about is getting high, then you should really so some more research.

It's like dropping a baby. It'll seem fine but get demented as time progresses. - Alienworkshoper
mfuchs88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:04 PM   #133
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuchs88 View Post
Read up about CBD as a legitimate medicine, as well as industrial hemp applications. You are very misinformed and if you think that all this legalization movement is about is getting high, then you should really so some more research.
Calm yourself.

Some only know what they are told by others.

iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:06 PM   #134
mfuchs88
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJohnHenry View Post
Calm yourself.

Some only know what they are told by others.

Sorry I was calm on this end but when I re-read it, it didn't sound as calm. I was trying to be more informative to get him want todo more research, more than anything. Sorry bout that, best wishes.

It's like dropping a baby. It'll seem fine but get demented as time progresses. - Alienworkshoper
mfuchs88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues