Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:10 AM   #1
texasmccoy
macrumors member

Is it possible to downgrade from itunes 10.7 to 10.6.3?

I have a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, with itunes 10.7. It's causing annoying issues with my iphone 4 and I want to downgrade back to itunes 10.6.3, which I have successfully downloaded the dmg file from the apple website. But when I try to go through the installation wizard thing, it won't let me because I already have the newer version of itunes on my Mac. All the info I'm finding on the web on how to do this is in regards to Windows (bleah!) and I'm about ready to yank my hair out trying to find relevant information. Can anyone out there tell me how to do this, or if it is even possible? Maybe I'm overthinking this...? Forgive me if this is a lame noob question.
texasmccoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:07 AM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

There is no compatibility issue between your iPhone and iTunes 10.7. It sounds like you have damaged your iTunes database in some fashion. Create a new account and then run iTunes using the same credentials from the new account.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:46 PM   #3
texasmccoy
macrumors member

No, my iTunes isn't damaged. This problem didn't start until I upgraded it to 10.7 and my iphone to iOS6
texasmccoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:49 PM   #4
MCAsan
macrumors 68030

why not move to ML?
iPad Air | Silver | 128GB | WiFi only
MCAsan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:15 PM   #5
beauregard
macrumors newbie

MisterMe and MCAsan are exactly right. You're headed in the wrong direction. You should consider upgrading to Mountain Lion. Whenever a new release of Apple software is released, you should opt to install it.

By the way, iOS 6 on your iPhone requires iTunes 10.7 in order to sync, install, restore, etc.
beauregard is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store