Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:26 PM   #1
DashSatan
macrumors 6502

Can someone tell me how to put file in Tones folder?

I wasn't sure where to put this. I downloaded a ringtone from zedge and I was wondering how to put it in the tones folder on iTunes so I can use it as a ringtone for my phone?
DashSatan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:38 PM   #2
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashSatan View Post
I wasn't sure where to put this. I downloaded a ringtone from zedge and I was wondering how to put it in the tones folder on iTunes so I can use it as a ringtone for my phone?
Once you download it just click on the downloaded audio file and it will open automatically in iTunes. Then just sync your phone to iTunes. Done.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:00 PM   #3
DashSatan
macrumors 6502

but i can't use the songs as ringtones. I want to put a file in the tones folder on iTunes.
DashSatan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:16 PM   #4
mrgraff
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashSatan View Post
but i can't use the songs as ringtones. I want to put a file in the tones folder on iTunes.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3784750?start=1
mrgraff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:21 PM   #5
mactouros
macrumors member

What extension does it have now?

The file should have the extension m4r. Depending on what it is now, you will either have to convert the file to AAC first then change it to m4r or just change it to m4r without having to convert it first.

It's been two iOS versions ago since I made ringtones, but I assume it's still the sameway.
mactouros is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6