Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:13 PM   #4176
roger306
macrumors newbie

Resume/Cover letter

I've submitted my application on the 15th, just waiting to hear a response from a recruiter now. I was wondering if anyone (preferably someone who got the job) would volunteer looking over my resume and cover letter and letting me know If you think its good enough. I dont have any work experience in the field of technology to show how much knowledge I have for it but I have taught myself everything I know about it. I do however have many years of customer service experience. I just hope my resume shows all of that. Any volunteers?
roger306 is offline   0
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:22 PM   #4177
Citychic
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger306 View Post
I've submitted my application on the 15th, just waiting to hear a response from a recruiter now. I was wondering if anyone (preferably someone who got the job) would volunteer looking over my resume and cover letter and letting me know If you think its good enough. I dont have any work experience in the field of technology to show how much knowledge I have for it but I have taught myself everything I know about it. I do however have many years of customer service experience. I just hope my resume shows all of that. Any volunteers?
I would say your cover letter needs to stand out not so much your technical experience. All so far from what I have read on here have come from all walks of the spectrum, but the kicker seem to have been our cover letter. You have to make it stand out.. But I would be glad to take a look at for you..
Citychic is offline   0
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:31 PM   #4178
roger306
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citychic View Post
I would say your cover letter needs to stand out not so much your technical experience. All so far from what I have read on here have come from all walks of the spectrum, but the kicker seem to have been our cover letter. You have to make it stand out.. But I would be glad to take a look at for you..
Awesome thank you! Now I'm new on here, how do I PM you so I can get your info to email you my cover letter?
roger306 is offline   0
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:22 PM   #4179
Citychic
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger306 View Post
Awesome thank you! Now I'm new on here, how do I PM you so I can get your info to email you my cover letter?
you can right click on my name... opps I think that was a little late Im watching the American Music Awards
Citychic is offline   0
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:32 PM   #4180
roger306
macrumors newbie

Quote:
you can right click on my name... opps I think that was a little late Im watching the American Music Awards
haha its ok. I figured it out, I was on my phone thats why I couldn't see how to PM you. Im on my macbook now. But I messaged you my cover letter. thanks again for reviewing it for me.
roger306 is offline   0
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:46 PM   #4181
KLinPA
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid-drinker View Post
End of training
Thank you for the info
KLinPA is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:28 PM   #4182
Magnummac
macrumors newbie

I am a new member to the site and was wondering if anyone could look at a cover letter I came up with to send along with an application for the at home advisor job? I was wondering how it looked to someone who used one and got the job. Any help would be appreciated.
Magnummac is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:45 PM   #4183
Citychic
macrumors regular

Small world...

So chatting with my sister and one of her coworkers is leaving the job to start AHA on the 7th... Super small world!!!
Citychic is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:24 PM   #4184
shortz
macrumors member

Quote:
Yup that's correct.. Unless they will separate the two teams after the two day orientation I think it's CPU all the way around
so i started 11/5 and day one and two we had tons of people in our room.. close to 50 then day three we had 27 people after those first two days. Obviously that can change with the tests. I believe koolaid drinker and i were in the same orientation but got split at day 3

as for camera time i think it depends on your trainers. we had 3 times on camera but spend lots of time on mic/headset..

i can tell you all this is the BEST job ever!! and training is amazing and so informative, but be prepared because as others have said the tests are NO JOKE!
shortz is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:53 PM   #4185
kyur4end
macrumors member

When you people state tests being no joke is not being helpful. Are the tests difficult because you're hit with a lot of tech things or are the tests on how to deal with situations or is it how to use the software we will be using to provide support. Lets be specific and helpful.
kyur4end is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:08 PM   #4186
koolaid-drinker
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyur4end View Post
When you people state tests being no joke is not being helpful. Are the tests difficult because you're hit with a lot of tech things or are the tests on how to deal with situations or is it how to use the software we will be using to provide support. Lets be specific and helpful.
The NDA prohibits what we can say.

Don't want to give you an unfair advantage.

Here is what I CAN say:

1. Organization of your notes,bookmarks,etc is key.
If you are disorganized, you will not pass.

2. Do not rush through the test.
Take all the time given to you and recheck your work.

3. Pay attention in class.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinpa View Post
thank you for the info
np
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:57 AM   #4187
kyur4end
macrumors member

Quote:

Here is what I CAN say:

----------

np
Sounds like any test. Thanks for the info.
kyur4end is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:25 AM   #4188
jonkss2
macrumors member

Hoping

I just applied tonight for Apple. I am hoping I get the job a little worried I may be over qualified.

How long did it take for all of you to get a call from Apple? Once you applied?

----------

What type of bookmarks and notes? Is this something in the class that they will be giving us?
Quote:

Here is what I CAN say:

----------

np
jonkss2 is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:13 AM   #4189
roger306
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkss2 View Post
I just applied tonight for Apple. I am hoping I get the job a little worried I may be over qualified.

How long did it take for all of you to get a call from Apple? Once you applied?

----------

What type of bookmarks and notes? Is this something in the class that they will be giving us?
Everyone on here has different time frames for everything. Some took a couple days and some took a couple weeks! I submitted my app on the 15th (Thursday) and I'm still waiting to hear back from them also.
roger306 is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:29 AM   #4190
jonkss2
macrumors member

Day to Day at Apple

Anyone want to tell me what working day to day is like? What type of customers do you get the most happy, upset, pissed, frustrated?

What's the boss or management like? Call volume a lot or for the most part even?

Thanks for anyone who can answer
jonkss2 is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:17 AM   #4191
themayorr
macrumors member

So my TM just emailed me a PDF on what kind of Ergonomic Chair and What kind of table to get since friday is black Friday. She is the BEST!
themayorr is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:22 AM   #4192
Trevorman
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayorr View Post
So my TM just emailed me a PDF on what kind of Ergonomic Chair and What kind of table to get since friday is black Friday. She is the BEST!
Is it apple confidential or something that can be shared? Since I start in December I won't hear from mine before the sales are over!
Trevorman is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:40 AM   #4193
jonkss2
macrumors member

Won't any char that has adjustable arms and height work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorman View Post
Is it apple confidential or something that can be shared? Since I start in December I won't hear from mine before the sales are over!
jonkss2 is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 AM   #4194
themayorr
macrumors member

Choosing a chair
The most important part about selecting a chair is that it fits you and supports your frame. There are many chairs
available on the market today that claim that they are ergonomic. What you should know is that there are no
restrictions on which products get labeled as ergonomic. Select a chair with the following features:
Adjusting the chair to fit you
1. Seat height: Adjust seat height so your hips and knees are about even, with your feet
flat on the floor.
2. Seat depth: You should have 2 - 3 inches (5 - 7.6 cm) or two to three fingers width
clearance between the end of the seat pan and the back of your legs. This will allow for
natural bend in your knees.
3. Lumbar Support: The curve of the backrest should support the natural curve of your
lower back.
4. Armrests: Armrests should adjust to allow your arms to relax at your side when
supported, allow you to sit close to your work surface and operate the keyboard and mouse without reaching forward.

And the table has to have alot of space and leg room. So they prefer tables without drawers
themayorr is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:49 AM   #4195
KLinPA
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayorr View Post
Choosing a chair
The most important part about selecting a chair is that it fits you and supports your frame. There are many chairs
available on the market today that claim that they are ergonomic. What you should know is that there are no
restrictions on which products get labeled as ergonomic. Select a chair with the following features:
Adjusting the chair to fit you
1. Seat height: Adjust seat height so your hips and knees are about even, with your feet
flat on the floor.
2. Seat depth: You should have 2 - 3 inches (5 - 7.6 cm) or two to three fingers width
clearance between the end of the seat pan and the back of your legs. This will allow for
natural bend in your knees.
3. Lumbar Support: The curve of the backrest should support the natural curve of your
lower back.
4. Armrests: Armrests should adjust to allow your arms to relax at your side when
supported, allow you to sit close to your work surface and operate the keyboard and mouse without reaching forward.

And the table has to have alot of space and leg room. So they prefer tables without drawers
THANK YOU!

Just finished getting the second phone line and internet upgrade installed. I had to move the modem and router. Tonight my hubby should have my desk finished. He's a cabinet maker and tweaked the original design for my hobby worktable. Now for the chair...I have to find something since I have nothing I can use. Finalized childcare too.

wow 11/26 is fast approaching
KLinPA is offline   1
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:02 PM   #4196
godzpower
macrumors newbie

I just finished reworking my network to accommodate my office setup. I had to move my cable modem and run an Ethernet cable and new phone line which involved knocking holes in walls, re-plastering and painting. I'm finally done (more work than anticipated). Super excited and looking for the right chair. Anyone know the best place to get a big and tall ergonomic chair? Class starts Monday 11/26 and we're good to go. Who has TM with initials JM?
godzpower is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:43 PM   #4197
eww7633
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzpower View Post
I just finished reworking my network to accommodate my office setup. I had to move my cable modem and run an Ethernet cable and new phone line which involved knocking holes in walls, re-plastering and painting. I'm finally done (more work than anticipated). Super excited and looking for the right chair. Anyone know the best place to get a big and tall ergonomic chair? Class starts Monday 11/26 and we're good to go. Who has TM with initials JM?
I do.
eww7633 is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:10 PM   #4198
Tracycoder
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzpower View Post
I do
Tracycoder is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:39 PM   #4199
Blue33
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracycoder View Post
I do
I do
Blue33 is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:25 PM   #4200
Citychic
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLinPA View Post
THANK YOU!

Just finished getting the second phone line and internet upgrade installed. I had to move the modem and router. Tonight my hubby should have my desk finished. He's a cabinet maker and tweaked the original design for my hobby worktable. Now for the chair...I have to find something since I have nothing I can use. Finalized childcare too.

wow 11/26 is fast approaching
bump.. Had to get the bambino ready for daycare as well.. finalized that today

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue33 View Post
I do
Aww man we are on different teams .. I have SC... oh well less than a week remain.. once the holiday is over Monday will be here before you know it!
Citychic is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion