Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1
njmitchel0
macrumors member

What would your workflow be for importing this video?

Ok so I'm new to the final cut pro/editing and had a question about importing some footage.

I have bout 7 discs with 5gb/per of footage that I need to import into fcpx for review.

Im working off a rMBP, so can't I just pop the discs into my computer for transfer. I do have access to my mothers 13 cMBP, so I was thinking I could copy the footage to her hdd and then move it to the external hdd that I am editing off of. Id rather not do that, but it seems to be the only way I can do to get the footage to my external drive.

Soooo, based on that information, how would you go about getting the footage from discs to external drive. Am i correct in my logistical thinking or is another obvious solution flying under my radar.

One more question...when I do get the footage onto the external drive and then import it to the events folder that same external drive, will I have duplicate raw footage?? Any way to avoid this as It seems a bit redundant and would rather not waste space on the hdd with 2 copies of the footage.

Thanks for the help!!
njmitchel0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video