Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darjeeling

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Anybody playing Rocksmith via Boot Camp?

#1: I've read it's a decent way to learn guitar: true or false?

#2: Any suggestions on how much storage to allocate to a Boot Camp partition containing Rocksmith + a modest slice of downloadable extras?

#3: Am I likely to experience technical or performance issues on an MBA 2011 or 2012?

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
I have Rocksmith for PS3. Yes, it's awesome. I've been trying to learn guitar for 20+ years. I just haven't found a way to keep me going. Rocksmith is changing that. It's very motivational and a blast to play. I highly recommend it.

I tried running the game in Windows via Parallels on my 2009 iMac and the input lag was too much. As soon as the new iMacs ship I will buy one and set up a Boot Camp partition and run Rocksmith natively in Windows from there. Bummer I'll have to reboot every time I want to play the "game."

I'll keep wishing for a native Mac version of Rocksmith and use the Windows & PS3 versions in the meantime.

Sorry I don't have answers to #2 and #3.

Darjeeling

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
I took the plunge on your recommendation, LagunaSol -- bought a copy on Black Friday to go with the just-arrived refurb 2012 MBA i7.

Just getting started with the game, but so far so good. There's a small bit of audio lag with the guitar but nothing crazy. I don't notice it in the games but it is apparent in Soundcheck mode.

The install (Win 7 Home Premium, antivirus software, Steam, Rocksmith) is presently taking about 42 GB of my 60 GB BootCamp partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.