Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:55 PM   #1
iNeedAnsurs
macrumors newbie

xCODE I'm a noob. And I'm working on my first project #SOS

Im trying to add & subtract user inputs . Couple text fields , and labels , maybe some tabs ... Thanks for your help in advance
iNeedAnsurs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:24 PM   #2
iNeedAnsurs
macrumors newbie

What's the diff between text field and label ?

The functions and capabilities ?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Comeagain?
macrumors 68020

Text fields are where users type. Labels are where you (the dev) types - labels something.
Comeagain? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:58 PM   #4
iNeedAnsurs
macrumors newbie

Is it possible to add fields ?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:12 PM   #5
chambord
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNeedAnsurs View Post
Im trying to add & subtract user inputs . Couple text fields , and labels , maybe some tabs ... Thanks for your help in advance
You need to get a book and read through it and work through the examples. You shouldn't keep making these ridiculous threads asking extremely vague questions and expect any reasonable help. Go do your own work. Don't be lazy.
chambord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:39 PM   #6
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNeedAnsurs View Post
Is it possible to add fields ?
Fields as in text fields or fields as in members of a class?

You can subclass either a UILabel or a UITextField to give them whatever variables you need them to have.

UITextFields can be dropped in your storyboards or xibs wherever you please.

UITextFields are for user input. UILabels are for output. The text box you type your response in is like a UITextField. You may edit your response. The text box where you see my message to you (right here) is like a UILabel - you, a common user, cannot edit what I have said, you can only read it.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:40 AM   #7
jnoxx
macrumors 65816

Using an Hashtag on an forum, I find that quite saddening.
None the less, the things you want to learn is basic Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
How do I get info from UITextFields, what kind of info do I want, numbers, text.
What will I try to validate from the fields, give output to user on the fly, or only after they pressed a button, and so on.

iPad Mini, iPad 4, iPad 2, iPhone 3G,4,5, iMac 24", Mac Mini Last gen, Macbook Pro Retina with Dell U2711
jnoxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming