Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Seems the spammers are out in force today. I've reported at least 10...Just a heads up..If you do see spam please don't respond to it, just use the "report" button to bring it to the attention of the Moderators. I guess a lot of sporting events are imminent....That and BF.

Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
They should remove all "empty" threads with zero replies after 24 hours.

The spammers have recently taken to marking their post's as resolved, after a few years acting as a Moderator on other forums, I've developed a kind of sixth sense.....Shoes, Evening wear, and the usual gamut of football and illegal streaming sites seem to be the order of the day....It's quiet now...Tends to happen between 5Am and now...Then they vanish....Many are Bot generated with random usernames so keeping ahead is tough. It's just a pet hate of mine...Like junk mail...I have a large sign on my mailbox about unsolicited mail....Doesn't work sadly....The mailman says he has to deliver it....:mad:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
We've noticed an uptick and we're doing what we can to say ahead of them.

We do rely on members to report them as they see the spam as we cannot review or monitor every thread that is created.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Less staff, in theory the posts last longer that way.

We should introduce (weekend) part time mods: MR janitor

I could help on weekend to bring out the gabage. And Sunday morning EU or US is comfortable in my daytime in Asia. You guys wake up and have a nice, clean, tidy MR for breakfast.
Main function would be to quarantine threads in a way of hiding them, put them into a queue for the real mods to judge and take consequences. No execution power for the janitor ... Only wipe off the dust.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.