Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1
jojoba
macrumors 65816

Are there any mind mapping apps....

...where you can navigate the nodes with the arrows on an external keyboard?

I have iThoughtsHD and MagicalPad, but it really frustrates me that neither accept my external keyboard input when it comes to navigation around a particular mind map.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:57 AM   #2
apppad
macrumors newbie

Mindmeister

I use MindMeister on the iPad, I'm not sure about the external keyboard though. I love the app and it does so much so maybe give it a try, it's free!
apppad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:10 AM   #3
gummycat
macrumors newbie

Ask the dev?

I use iThoughtsHD as well. I really love the app. If I were you, I would email the developer and see if that's a feature he could add. The iThoughtsHD dev seems to push out nice updates on a fairly regular basis.
gummycat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:15 AM   #4
jojoba
macrumors 65816

Thanks!

There turned out to be a couple of short cuts that I didn't know about when I wrote the OP: press enter tree times to create a sibling topic, and the space bar three times to create a child topic. This is hugely helpful.

I can't navigate around using the arrows, though. I've written to the developer to request this feature, but haven't heard anything back yet.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:24 AM   #5
hval
macrumors member

I have probably tried all the iPad mind map products and, for me, iThoughtsHD is the best product.

Even so it does frustrate me sometimes. one example is that i like each topic to be a difefrent colour or range of colours. There may be away of getting iThoughtsHD to remember the "Rainbow" setting, but I have not found it. I also find thatv the colours tend to be quite similar.

Things I love about it are being bale to get to the start of a phrase in one of the boxes, or to the end simply and quickly. I wish I could attach files to a box as well. The box would show a paperclip on one corner of the box. Clicking on the paperclip would load a menu which would list the attachments and allow me to open the attachments.

I have a few other suggestions, but those would do for a start.

It is a good product.
hval is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps