Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoshios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Finland
Wassup.

I recently orderen an Air, which will arrive a few days before I'm going to London. Now I'm wondering if I can bring the laptop with me, since it says the maximum height of transportation is 10000m, and we usually fly at a height of 11000m. Will this damage the laptop?

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Wassup.

I recently orderen an Air, which will arrive a few days before I'm going to London. Now I'm wondering if I can bring the laptop with me, since it says the maximum height of transportation is 10000m, and we usually fly at a height of 11000m. Will this damage the laptop?

The cabin's pressurized; it'll be fine. People fly with and use computers in planes all the time.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Like others said, the cabin is pressurized so you're just fine. I wouldn't check the laptop though (to sit with the cargo). Also, you'll have to take it out of your bag unlike an iPad or iPod, because it is still a computer.

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Flying with air? I find flying in treacle much more difficult...

Okay, lame joke over, but there should be no problems at all. In fact, with an SSD and no optical drive, the only real moving part is the fan, making it perfect for high altitudes. As long as you don't do anything to overheat it, I doubt that 11000m pressure would be a problem, apart from the cold reducing battery life. At 2000m pressure, you won't have any issues at all. Just don't check it in - the risk of someone stealing it will be much higher, but still low.

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.