Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Kryptik.Kode
macrumors member

Question External Drive Causing Issues

Good morning,

I just purchased a NT miniStack and I inserted a 2TB Seagate Green hard drive in it for backups.

Ever since I connected this drive to my Mac Mini, I've been having issues with my Apple Wireless Keyboard, Apple Magic Trackpad and wireless Logitech Marathon mouse.

The wireless keyboard and trackpad always give a "Lost Connection" error and my Logitech mouse has very bad cursor lag. It's extremely bad and makes the system unusable as I can't control the cursor or type anything. I have changed the batteries in all 3 but the issue still exists.

I would like to note that I have a LaCie Minimus 2TB external hard drive plugged into my Mac as well and it does not cause any issues when connected by itself. As soon as I connect the miniStack, the issues start almost immediately.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Kryptik.Kode is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini