Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:00 PM   #76
SqB
macrumors 6502

Wow. The snark level is certainly high in this thread. I am certainly no hipster. In fact I'm tragically unhip, but I am a bibliophile who often reads on my phone. I love these cases because they feel like holding a book and are a great way to not have to carry a wallet.

Somebody where I used to work asked another coworker why I was always carrying around and looking at my little bible. We had lots of fun with that.

If you don't like it, seriously, reclaim your valuable time and move on to another thread. I wish you well.
SqB is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:12 PM   #77
Hidesuru
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqB View Post
Wow. The snark level is certainly high in this thread. I am certainly no hipster. In fact I'm tragically unhip, but I am a bibliophile who often reads on my phone. I love these cases because they feel like holding a book and are a great way to not have to carry a wallet.

Somebody where I used to work asked another coworker why I was always carrying around and looking at my little bible. We had lots of fun with that.

If you don't like it, seriously, reclaim your valuable time and move on to another thread. I wish you well.
That's a great story.

Frankly I don't think this would be for me. I don't use bluetooth outside of my car, and I wouldn't want to flash my wallet to talk. I have no problem with it, though. It -is- kind of a neat idea for a case.

I personally prefer a belt-holster thing that just hides under my shirt (I use the minisuit if anyone cares). For one, I have too many things in pants pockets already...

That all being said... can we at least all agree that the name is a bit silly? I mean, BookBook? Really?
Hidesuru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:18 PM   #78
PDFierro
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqB View Post

That's hilarious. I'm wondering, does the BookBook fold up into a stand for video watching? I believe I recall seeing that, but I'm not certain.
PDFierro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:06 PM   #79
musicpenguy
macrumors 6502a

Now Available

The BookBook for iPhone 5 is now out - go out and buy yours today - twelvesouth.com
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:34 PM   #80
Adidas Addict
macrumors 65816

Meh, hipster must mean something different where you people live. The bookbook certainly wouldn't gain you any cool points, the joke stopped being funny or interesting years ago.

Last edited by Adidas Addict; Nov 16, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Adidas Addict is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:53 PM   #81
slick316
macrumors 6502

Ordered mine in black.

Really liked the one I had for iPhone 4. Simplified everything I normally carried with me. I especially like the new snap mount for the phone with camera cut out. Hopefully I get it next week.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:58 PM   #82
FertileKnave
macrumors newbie

Am i right?

If I understand skeuomorphism correctly, (im genuinely not sure i do its a bit weird) but is this not essentially some sort of physical hardware skeuomorphism?
FertileKnave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:56 AM   #83
Snookerman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlblodgett View Post
Do the new models have a hole for the camera / flash?
No, you have to slide up your iPhone to use the camera =/
Snookerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:08 AM   #84
Winepronecowboy
macrumors newbie

Horrible cases, what the hell are people thinking
Winepronecowboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:56 AM   #85
mlenger
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to mlenger Send a message via Skype™ to mlenger
You can order it now !

They are accepting orders as of yesterday. Can't wait have the one for the 4 and love it.
mlenger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:31 PM   #86
bdkennedy1
macrumors 65816

This company is raping the consumer on this. My company gets the same exact case in China for $4 and we sell it to a retailer in Canada for $19.99.
bdkennedy1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:33 PM   #87
sonymactony
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to sonymactony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookerman View Post
No, you have to slide up your iPhone to use the camera =/
No you don't have to slide it up, there's a camera cutout on the back now.
sonymactony is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:55 PM   #88
Macsational
macrumors newbie

I actually got a knockoff from amazon for my iPhone 5 last week. It was already chipped on the back and my 3GS was wrecked from a drop some weeks before.
I love the feel of the makes phone, but keeping all my stuff in one is so so so great.
As for it being hipsterlicious, I take true offence ;-p. this cover would never fit into skinny jeans.
Macsational is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:14 AM   #89
Four oF NINE
macrumors 65816

I have TwelveSouth products and am very happy with them. I have Book Book for my new MacBook, and Book Book for my iPhone 4S. The phone version looks like a book of quotes from Shakespear, or poetry.. The one for the MacBook looks like an old encyclopædia volume. When I upgrade to the iPhone 5 (or iPhone 5S) I'll be getting another Book Book

There's no other case like it, and I won't use anything else. Accept no substitute, get the one real Book Book, only from TwelveSouth.
Four oF NINE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:04 PM   #90
iVoid
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyonice View Post
Thumb resize.

Actual image from their site. Talking on the phone with all your bank cards and cash sticking out? No thanks.
Yeah, after having my iPhone snatched out of my hands and stolen, I'd worry too much about my phone AND my cash/cards being stolen all at once with something like this.
iVoid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:18 PM   #91
Aniseedvan
macrumors 6502

If the lack of current support in the UK for passbook didnt necessitate i end up carrying a massive purse full of loyalty cards, this might be a good idea.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:15 AM   #92
Prof.
macrumors 601

Just bought one for my iPhone 4S
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:54 AM   #93
kodeman53
Banned

Dear Mods,

What does a case have to do with iOS?

If there is a connection, other than you happened to start this thread, then why bother having an iPhone Accessories forum?

What's next, MacBook cases in the OSX forum?
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:01 AM   #94
saab9573
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adztaylor View Post
I'm exactly the same. Determined not to buy anymore cases because after a few hours I take them off never to be used again. Prefer using the phone naked.
i started off with a Switcheasy Nude for my iphone 5.....the cheap plastic power button cover on that case scratched the black slate while I was trying to remove the case....

threw that in the rubbish.....have been naked for 4 weeks now including no screen protector.....no scratches whatsoever! the feel of the original phone and the thinness and lightness overtakes any worry about scratches or dings..

cases are a waste of money and pointless in my view!
saab9573 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:07 AM   #95
Ifti
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab9573 View Post
i started off with a Switcheasy Nude for my iphone 5.....the cheap plastic power button cover on that case scratched the black slate while I was trying to remove the case....

threw that in the rubbish.....have been naked for 4 weeks now including no screen protector.....no scratches whatsoever! the feel of the original phone and the thinness and lightness overtakes any worry about scratches or dings..

cases are a waste of money and pointless in my view!
Completely agree with this.
It started for me with the iPhone 4 and the Apple bumper case. I removed the case once to see a ton of marks on the bezel down by the docking port. Removed the case and found I kept the phone in a much better condition without the damn case in the first place!!
Same with the iPhone 5 - no case, no screen protectors, and its in mint condition.
iPhone 6+ / TC / Lacie TB2 20TB
Ifti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:37 AM   #96
Metsfan7450
macrumors regular

New brackets

It doesn't appear as though anyone has commented yet on the new design on the inside of the case. I don't like the "brackets" used to hold the phone in. It's not condusive for inserting and removing several times a day like I did with my iPhone 4 Bookbook case. I'm sure those brackets will wear out. I did not like using the phone while it was in the case (phone calls, texting, surfing web, etc).

I like the looks of the Bookbook case, but not the functionality. I went with the DODOcase for my iPhone 5, as it's much easier to slip the case in and out of the sleeve.
Metsfan7450 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:07 AM   #97
XboxMySocks
macrumors 68000

$60? Jesus

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1r0ll3r View Post
Holy **** hahahahahahaha, dead
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:44 AM   #98
elicate
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to elicate
I have one of these and its great. Best part is when you pull it out to pay and people think its one of those mini Psalms bible and give you a look that just screams "please dont try to convert me to your religion".

The talking would be weird like that but since I usually only text, the few items I actually do talk I take mine out of the case.
elicate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:23 PM   #99
HowEver
macrumors 6502a

Are there really people who don't use bluetooth headsets these days?

Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyonice View Post
Thumb resize.

Actual image from their site. Talking on the phone with all your bank cards and cash sticking out? No thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:08 PM   #100
meechy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post
This company is raping the consumer on this. My company gets the same exact case in China for $4 and we sell it to a retailer in Canada for $19.99.

Please do share the company that sells it for $4.

Thanks
meechy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion