Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emmamac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Does anyone have an idea what the new imac 27 i7 will be selling for in the UK ?
i think the new imac 27 i5 standard with 8gb of ram will be £1500 but cant find any info on the i7 model.

spykthomas

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
The 27" will still have user upgradable RAM, so don't upgrade it through Apple. Go with 3rd party RAM.

emmamac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
doesnt anyone know the price of an i7 i cant find anything on the net.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
doesnt anyone know the price of an i7 i cant find anything on the net.

No, no one knows yet but Apple.

People have been asking for the BTO options (i7 upgrade, RAM upgrade, Fusion/SSD upgrade. 680MX GPU upgrade) since they were announced in October and so far, no one knows for sure.

We have a ballpark for some things based on the prices for the Mac Mini upgrade (Fusion drive mainly) but the specific cost of iMac upgrades is so far pure speculation.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
No, no one knows yet but Apple.

I bet they're leaving it until the end of November because they're still figuring out a price; "If we make it that price, people will think it's cheap and buy it! But if we make it this price, people will think it costs more because it's better quality!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.