Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:26 AM   #26
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by excommie View Post
iMac? Does that imply that iMac will be available this Friday?
That's what I thought, no good having a discount on something that isn't available.
Lets hope for some news soon
boy-better-know is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:28 AM   #27
madrag
macrumors 6502

How can they discount the iMac since there is no possibility to buy it?

Is that a hint that it will be available before black friday?
madrag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:30 AM   #28
cljmac
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to cljmac
Bestbuy has the i7 13in right now for $150 off. On Black Friday the air and pro will be $165 off. U still get the rewardzone points on top of it too. iPads r up to $60 off. I think it's a 2 day sale at bestbuy.
cljmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:33 AM   #29
madrag
macrumors 6502

Like in other years, the Mac Mini has no discount...

A machine costing 859 EUR (or even the 959 EUR BTO) one would assume it could be discounted. After all the iPod (much cheaper than the Mac Mini) is part of the discounted products...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:35 AM   #30
dampfnudel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainMac View Post
I want to see a $179 iPad Mini.
Maybe in 6-8 months, the first gen iPad mini 16GB will be reduced to $199 as a 2nd gen iPad mini with an A6 and retina display is introduced. Apple may realize it's better to release a new iPad right before school starts. They may even return to the June iPhone introduction again.
dampfnudel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:39 AM   #31
goobot
macrumors 68040

No iPad 4/ mini?
goobot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:44 AM   #32
CiSach
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobot View Post
No iPad 4/ mini?

those didn't exist in 2011.

Last edited by dejo; Nov 19, 2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Name-calling.
CiSach is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:44 AM   #33
iGrip
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
For absolute savings, customers will have better luck with 3rd party merchants that tend to offer steeper discounts on Apple products on Black Friday.

For a number of good reasons, buying direct from Apple on the website is always the best way to go.

Before too much longer, when we order on the website, the product will get made and shipped completely automatically, with no need for any human intervention until it reaches our hands.
iGrip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:52 AM   #34
CiSach
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
For a number of good reasons, buying direct from Apple on the website is always the best way to go.

Before too much longer, when we order on the website, the product will get made and shipped completely automatically, with no need for any human intervention until it reaches our hands.
meh - poor reason to pay more.
CiSach is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:55 AM   #35
madrag
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post

Maybe, but for instance the Mac Mini has no discount at the Apple website, and others will discount it. Or as MR states, you can get higher discounts at other stores.

I don't mind having my product shipped by a human if I get a higher discount and in some cases a better warranty (for example in my country Apple as a really dodgy 1 year warranty, in a place where they are oblidged to make a 2 year warranty).
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:56 AM   #36
GnOm
macrumors newbie

Quote:
iMac - $101 off

iMac...eh?
That would mean the new 21" is ready to order by the end of the week... curious about that.

edit: I'm late to this party, sorry 'bout that. :-)

cheers.
2.5GHz PowerPC G5, 512 MB DDR400 (PC3200)-2X256, 160GB Serial ATA-7200rpm, 8x Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW), ATI Rad9800 XT w/256MB DDR, 56k V.92 Modem, BlueTooth Module-D - http://gnom.spymac.net/G5/G5.html
GnOm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:57 AM   #37
Hakone
macrumors 6502

I bet they'll release the iMac after black friday so there's no discount!!!
Hakone is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:58 AM   #38
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrag View Post
I don't mind having my product shipped by a human if I get a higher discount and in some cases a better warranty (for example in my country Apple as a really dodgy 1 year warranty, in a place where they are oblidged to make a 2 year warranty).
If you are in the EU, it is most likely that you are confusing "warranty" and "statutory rights".
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:04 AM   #39
Navdakilla
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainMac View Post
I want to see a $179 iPad Mini.
lol
we can all wish
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:31 AM   #40
madrag
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
If you are in the EU, it is most likely that you are confusing "warranty" and "statutory rights".
No I'm not
http://apple.slashdot.org/story/12/0...l-its-products

They are obliged to have 2 years warranty and in practice they don't do it.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:57 AM   #41
LagunaSol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djearlybird View Post
Apple Sales = oxymoron
You'll find the bargain bin on aisle Samsung.
LagunaSol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:03 AM   #42
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

Does Apple discount Apple Care along with their products for Black Friday?
iMikeT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:03 AM   #43
neuropsychguy
macrumors 6502

Amazon will have the 5th gen iPod Touch on sale at 4:30 PM EST - it will disappear within seconds. The 4th gen will also be on sale but at 3:30 PM EST.
neuropsychguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:20 AM   #44
12dylan34
macrumors 6502a

For computers, do you guys think that the discount will be on top of the student discount for Macs, or it'll be an either/or thing? I would assume the latter, but how has it been in the past?
12dylan34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:22 AM   #45
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dylan34 View Post
For computers, do you guys think that the discount will be on top of the student discount for Macs, or it'll be an either/or thing? I would assume the latter, but how has it been in the past?

It's either/or for black friday discounts. Apple has never been known to combine the student discount along with the black friday discount in the past.
iMikeT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:42 AM   #46
CausticPuppy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
iMac - $101 off
So people will actually be able to buy iMacs by Friday?
iPad Air/iPhone5S
CausticPuppy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:47 AM   #47
macpro2000
macrumors 6502a

or you can go to Best Buy and get $150 off a MBP
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:04 PM   #48
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrag View Post
No I'm not
http://apple.slashdot.org/story/12/0...l-its-products

They are obliged to have 2 years warranty and in practice they don't do it.
As I said, you are confusing "warranty" and "statutory rights". And a slashdot story is not exactly something that I would use as a citation.

Apple, as the maker of Macs, iPhones etc., gives you in the EU a one year "manufacturer's warranty". There is very little in laws what a manufacturer can or can not do in their manufacturer's warranty.

The laws of your country (if you are in the EU), give you statutory rights: The store where you buy a product is responsible that the product is of satisfactory quality, and that includes that it should usually work for two years unless someone breaks it. Take note: It's the store where you buy. It's not Apple.

So if you bought a Mac and an HP printer at PCWorld, Apple voluntarily gave you a one year warranty to fix your Mac, and HP probably gave you a similar warranty to fix your printer. PCWorld, however, has to make sure that both the Mac and the printer work for a reasonable time.

And please, please, please, don't quote articles from Slashdot. Many articles there are submitted by clueless dolts. Some are based on articles found on the Internet that were created by clueless dolts, others are based on really good articles that are totally misunderstood. Yes, and sometimes they have an intelligent article. It happens
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:20 PM   #49
madrag
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
As I said, you are confusing "warranty" and "statutory rights". And a slashdot story is not exactly something that I would use as a citation.

Apple, as the maker of Macs, iPhones etc., gives you in the EU a one year "manufacturer's warranty". There is very little in laws what a manufacturer can or can not do in their manufacturer's warranty.

The laws of your country (if you are in the EU), give you statutory rights: The store where you buy a product is responsible that the product is of satisfactory quality, and that includes that it should usually work for two years unless someone breaks it. Take note: It's the store where you buy. It's not Apple.

So if you bought a Mac and an HP printer at PCWorld, Apple voluntarily gave you a one year warranty to fix your Mac, and HP probably gave you a similar warranty to fix your printer. PCWorld, however, has to make sure that both the Mac and the printer work for a reasonable time. (...)
Agreed that slashdot isn't the best source, I just pointed to something that related to what I'm talking about to give a starting point.

About your "explanation", very good, thanks, but still I am not sure if buying at the website in the EU grants you the full two years, that's why I posted this. This week I will be calling them to find out what they do in regards to the full two years. If they don't then I assume they are "protected" by the fact that it is an online store?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:23 PM   #50
weing
macrumors regular

If you are willing to wait in line with the unwashed masses , walmart has a better iPad2 deal . That is if you want to throw down with a two year old version of the iPad that will likely be close to bricked when the next full iOS is released!
weing is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion