Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsgreen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
NH
I currently use Evernote to manage my business reference information (I'm in enterprise software sales and have to keep track of a lot of clients, contracts, contacts, partners etc).

Evernote is working well, and I might stick with what's working, but I'm hearing about Curio frequently now in posts and podcasts. I've downloaded the trial, but am having a hard time conceptualizing how I'd structure my data.

Are there any business users of Curio who could give some examples of how curio is being used and organized?

Thanks in Advance

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
I currently use Evernote to manage my business reference information (I'm in enterprise software sales and have to keep track of a lot of clients, contracts, contacts, partners etc).

Evernote is working well, and I might stick with what's working, but I'm hearing about Curio frequently now in posts and podcasts. I've downloaded the trial, but am having a hard time conceptualizing how I'd structure my data.

Are there any business users of Curio who could give some examples of how curio is being used and organized?

Thanks in Advance

I have both Curio and DevonThink Pro Office. I think DT would be better suited for your purpose though Curio could do it too.

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
I agree with what MathRulz says above. I was a former user of Evernote, but switched to DevonThink Pro Office. I also have Curio, but use it for a different purpose.

I use DevonThink as my "reference library", and it stores all my documents, notes, project-related files, etc. It's basically my filing cabinet. I also have DevonThink To Go for iOS, and it syncs whatever notes, docs, etc. you select to your mobile device.

Curio is more of a brainstorming/thinking/planning app for me. I use it for mind mapping, project planning, maintaining my "Horizons of Focus" (if you are familiar with GTD terms), etc. One thing to keep in mind is that there is no mobile version of Curio, so it definitely is not a replacement for Evernote. It's a beautiful app, though, and I enjoy using it.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I agree with the others.

I use DevonThink Pro as a data base (excellent app), Curio for brainstorming and outlining and as a 'project hub' for my writing projects, and Evernote for note taking in various forms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.