Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I could gamble and hope that I find my nephew a 16gb Mini at a local retail store. I work a lot and have a baby at home though. Just don't have time to call around and go store to store each day.

Are Apple's online orders arriving on time--the actual 2 weeks it states online? Seemed like many peoples' iphone 5 orders were being delayed more than what the site showed.

Thanks in advance.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Apple is very accurate for the most part and as for the iPad mini it has been shipping consistently a bit earlier than what is shown since launch... ie. people ordering with "2 weeks to ship + 5 day delivery" are often getting it DELIVERED in 2 weeks. i don't think you would have ANY issue ordering for christmas now.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Apple is very accurate for the most part and as for the iPad mini it has been shipping consistently a bit earlier than what is shown since launch... ie. people ordering with "2 weeks to ship + 5 day delivery" are often getting it DELIVERED in 2 weeks. i don't think you would have ANY issue ordering for christmas now.

Thank you very much! Think I'd rather go on the safe side and just order it online.

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
I sure hope it's accurate because I just ordered two for my kids a couple of days ago for Christmas. It's scheduled to deliver on the 11th which gives me a couple of weeks in case there are any of delays.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Wow Apple is shipping these out fast! I placed my order at 8:00 am yesterday, and already got notice of shipment today at 8:00! So much for the "2 week delay" on these!

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
It all depends which model you ordered.

I thought about editing my post a couple minutes after I posted it. Decided not to, but since you added that, ordered 1-white 16GB and 1-black 16GB (both wifi only).

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
Wirelessly posted

maverick22 said:
It all depends which model you ordered.

I thought about editing my post a couple minutes after I posted it. Decided not to, but since you added that, ordered 1-white 16GB and 1-black 16GB (both wifi only).

Well aint that some ****. I ordered mine days ago and it still says shipping on mid Dec.

cottonjenn

macrumors member
May 4, 2009
Wow, I ordered 2-16GB white on the 16th and still haven't gotten any notice of it shipping. I was hoping I'd get it sooner than the 2 or 3 weeks.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I can't believe some people are ordering through Apple with 1-2 week wait times. That's just ridiculous, and I told Apple that before I hung up the phone.

There are other options out there: MacMall (overnight delivery for $30 or less), next day pickup at Apple Stores if you order online after 10PM, and other retail stores like Best Buy, RadioShack, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. You've just gotta call the stores early in the morning and you're guaranteed to find one.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
I can't believe some people are ordering through Apple with 1-2 week wait times. That's just ridiculous, and I told Apple that before I hung up the phone

There are other options out there: MacMall (overnight delivery for $30 or less), next day pickup at Apple Stores if you order online after 10PM, and other retail stores like Best Buy, RadioShack, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. You've just gotta call the stores early in the morning and you're guaranteed to find one.

This.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Both of mine are gifts for others. Holiday time gets a little stressful. As long as they get here before Christmas I'm fine. Rather do that than call 5 stores a day or night n repeatedly get "no, we still don't have any."

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
I can't believe some people are ordering through Apple with 1-2 week wait times. That's just ridiculous, and I told Apple that before I hung up the phone.

Brilliant post. If people don't do what you did, then they are ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Ordered a 16GB LTE on 20th November and it says delivery on 11th December. Dispatched 4th December. In the UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.