Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klah2u

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
no thanks

can you imagine the amount of naked girlfriend pics the Facebook nerds are hoping to salivate over...yeah, marked Private against the general public...but the Facebook nerds get to have their jollies over your pics of your girlfriend. Facebook staff see anything...private or not.

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003
The app is very clear that all photos uploaded automatically are marked as private and cannot be viewed by others until specifically shared by the user.
Sure,

and I have a bridge for sale in Alaska :rolleyes:

That will last UNTIL the next time Facebook does another arbitrary privacy settings "update".

louis Fashion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Arizona, USA
Be My Friend

I have a Facebook account under an assumed name. Can I post fake pictures to my fake account?

I don't get many hits from anyone, since they don't know my "cover name"
I wonder if I am taking this privacy thing too far?

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Not bad, you have unlimited size and you can see the pics anywhere there is internet. iCloud needs to expand more, same could be said of about all the latest features Apple has been coming out w/ these last 2 years.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
If the title of this article is "Google Rolling Out New iOS Data Sync Feature - to upload all your browsing activities to Google's server, well the data is private!", what will be your reaction? ;)

----------

Auto uploads to Facebook are inherently better than to iCloud: they're stored permanently with no limit (presumably), they're accessible on any platform, and they're easier to share.
Google+ also has this feature.

Also they are low-res (instead of full-res in iCloud Photo Stream) and anyone got the link of your photo can probably share it to the world.

msimpson

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Clueless

Now the clueless can sync away their privacy and personal information easily!!!

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
If the title of this article is "Google Rolling Out New iOS Data Sync Feature - to upload all your browsing activities to Google's server, well the data is private!", what will be your reaction? :)

Or if it were "Apple rolling out new IOS data sync feature to upload...to Icloud"?

So scary....

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Guys, just turn it off on your phones and wait for the many awesome leaked "hacked account" pictures rolling in.

Some excellent material is awaiting us! :D

Glassed Silver:mac

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
And there is an option in the ettings on FB to set because it gives FB the rights to use your image for other purposes. It says it is not used yet but being looked into in the future so they added the setting.

The first thing I did when I got my iPhone was to goto Settings/General/Restrictions/Privacy and set Facebook and Twitter to "Don't allow changes," even while I don't have Facebook or Twitter installed.

I just don't trust them!

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
The app is very clear that all photos uploaded automatically are marked as private and cannot be viewed by others until specifically shared by the user.

Yeah, sure, until Facebook rolls out the next update that "fixes" that for everyone.

Or if it were "Apple rolling out new IOS data sync feature to upload...to Icloud"?

So scary....
Face it, most people don't have the same trust issues with Apple that they do with Google -- or Facebook.

Also, what's up with the pedantic capitalization?

rodriguise

macrumors regular
May 6, 2011
Sparks, NV
Big fat emphatic NO from me. I trust Facebook even less than i do Google!

Totally agree. At least Google works in a calcuated fashion and you know what kind of shennanigans to expect. Facebook is like bumbling idiot who inherited a trust fund.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Google+ was way ahead on this. Too bad no one uses G+ or i'd leave Facebook immediately.

Google+ has this feature enabled ON by default, and it uploaded all of my (kinda private) photos. I was floored!!! Sounds like Facebook has this featured turned OFF by default, which is the right way.

Regardless, I will never turn on such a feature.

morphineseason

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
No thanks. I really wish Facebook would just make it easier to manage my existing photos instead of rolling out dumb features like this. The photo management platform is garbage and really needs a complete overhaul. It's such a pain in the ass to organize anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.