Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
f2149_-demotivational-poster-1214624273.jpg

This sums up my feelings pretty well.

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
Facebook got one of the worse record for privacy...

Oh, and by the way, Dropbox also offers you auto photo upload lol...

Everyone wants a piece of your photo nowadays.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
And then Facebook owns the photos for all of eternity. Yeah, no thanks.

sir1963nz

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2012
Facebook got one of the worse record for privacy...

Oh, and by the way, Dropbox also offers you auto photo upload lol...

Everyone wants a piece of your photo nowadays.

Yeah because there is exif data embedded which can give them clues about WHERE you are (GPS tagging), then there may be faces of other people which is also tasty data with facial recognition software.

I only use facebook on my laptop which has ad blocking and tracking blocking add ons installed to limit the information they can gather without my knowledge and consent.

PDXoPDX

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
I stopped actively using social media sites like Facebook several years ago, and I've never been happier. Why people are clamoring to put ever increasing amounts of personal information online I'll never understand...

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
As much as I can't stand reading stupid articles about lawsuits, this is worse. What do facebook features have to do with macrumors? This site has gone downhill in the past year along with the comments.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I like it because it will test how good the privacy setting in iOS6 works. For sure FB don't have access to my photos and other data. So I expect no images on my FB which I don't send per mail.

Fant

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
What happens when we reach the 2gb limit? Will it roll off the oldest or will they try to sell us more space?

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
With FB already integrated in iOS it is easier than ever to post photos from your camera roll. This added feature seems unnecessary.

Agreed. I utterly hated this feature on Google+ and there is no way in hell I would allow this feature with Facebook. If there is no easy way to remove this feature I'll uninstall the app.

Gubbz

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
Perth, Australia
I don't trust FB, I keep bare minimum information and even only use an email alias that serves no other purpose than log in to FB. I've seen FB decide that because they move a 'feature' to a new menu, I must obviously want it public. No, there was a reason I made it 'me only'... They also like making these changes with next to no announcement and if they do announce some big feature, you've got yo check you're profile to see what is now being made public as I suspect will happen with these photos (on top of the fact they own them if they are stored on their servers)... :(

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
Speaking with a suave voice of Tim Cook: "And we believe this feature is AWESOME..."

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Or if it were "Apple rolling out new IOS data sync feature to upload...to Icloud"?

So scary....

Nope. FB and Google make money by harvesting your data and selling it. Apple makes money by selling you their own shiny baubles. Therefore, there isn't the same motivation for Apple to do evil things with your data. In fact, there's hardly and motivation at all. Doing evil things with your data is the Google/Facebook business model.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
As much as I can't stand reading stupid articles about lawsuits, this is worse. What do facebook features have to do with macrumors? This site has gone downhill in the past year along with the comments.
An upcoming feature of one of the most popular iOS app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.