|Nov 19, 2012, 10:43 PM||#1|
Macbook Air 13" as a complimentary laptop?
My main laptop at home is a Alienware M14x (2nd gen i7 with 8 GB of RAM). I do have a Desktop as well (core i7 + 8 GB RAM) and a older Core 2 Duo based server that I use for media streaming/storage purposes. I am looking for something lighter which I can use while sitting on the couch for tasks like:
- Web browsing (the most extreme case most likely being youtube videos)
- Scripting (main reason for looking at a laptop which is portable. Python, PHP, etc) so a GUI based editor like PyCharm, Eclipse, etc.
- Email (web and built in Apple client)
- Maybe 'Office' software like Works, etc. Viewing PDF's
- Once in a while watching some .mkv, .avi video files (720p/1080p)
I will be getting the Air using my Best Buy credit card + rewards. The main question I have is if the 4 GB of RAM will be enough for my requirements? I would be all up for spending $100 more for 8 GB of RAM but Best Buy does not appear to stock those.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Macbook Air 11" Late 2010 vs Macbook Air 11" 2013||parestailor||MacBook Air||4||Jan 20, 2014 05:05 PM|
|2012 refurb MacBook Air 13" or 2013 Haswell MacBook Air 13"||IrtazaSafi||MacBook Air||5||Jul 9, 2013 01:02 PM|
|Teacher looking for a laptop, 13" Air vs 13" rMBP?||smurray||MacBook Pro||1||Oct 24, 2012 06:37 AM|
|Laptop bag for MacBook Air 11"||ajbrehm||MacBook Air||4||Aug 18, 2012 08:28 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.