Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1
PDtech
macrumors newbie

Workgroup Manager Xed-Out Icons

What does it mean when the account icon is grayed and Xed-out? I can't seem to find out. I compared accounts with the X and ones without and I can't find a specific difference between them.

I attached an image showing some accounts. I'm using Mac OSX Server 10.6.8

Thanks so much
Attached Images

PDtech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:52 PM   #2
motorboating
macrumors newbie

That generally indicates disabled accounts, typically used to quickly lock someone out if their employment has been terminated, but management may still want to inspect files, logs and the suchlike.
motorboating is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking