Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:00 AM   #176
scb02
macrumors regular

Ive should of always been the new Jobs, will fill Job's old shoes perfectly.

And he's british too!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:36 AM   #177
revelated
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post

Sorry to be 'that guy' but...

Are you all serious right now?!

Ive. The man is called Ive. The name is even in the title of the story this time!

Ive.

There is no 's' unless you're talking more than one of him. And perhaps one day they shall clone him, or employ someone with the same surname in a prominent public position. Until that day though, it's Ive, not 'Ives'.
You're being absolutely picky and unnecessary.

MacRumors has gotten out its Burl Ives CD in preparation for Christmas and made a small slip. Must you be so critical?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:08 AM   #178
needfx
macrumors 68020

Jonynotes
needfx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:25 PM   #179
maxxaddict
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotluck View Post
mobile gpu over a desktop gpu? - I just can't wrap my head around that... It'll never beat the benchmarks of a real desktop computer.

does the iMac run on batteries?
And that's why the Hackintosh community is growing so rapidly. A desktop machine that you can put a REAL PROCESSOR in, RAM, multiple HDs, Graphics cards and other I/O that you don't have the ability to in ANY of Apple's current offerings, save one, the MacPro.

Apple is sadly leaving Professionals and Prosumer buyers in the dust. We all should have saw it coming when they dropped "Computer" from their name and went to Apple Inc.

They have dropped their server offerings down to a handicapped little machine with no expandability and 5400 RPM HDs and a giant over-priced "server-class" desktop that you can't rackmount.

And don't even get me started on the dumbed down piece of crap that is "10.8 Server"

I hope that they come up bick with the next Mac Pro refresh or I will sadly be looking to the hackintosh community or building windows boxes for our graphics work stations.

Apple is now a consumer electronics company and I wouldn't be surprised to see then in 5 years be out of the desktop computer market. They'll still sell laptops, but I don't want to use Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator or Final Cut (If they are still producing it after their last debacle of a release) on a 15" display and mobile processors.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:31 PM   #180
MacDav
Banned

Correction....Jony Ive will continue to play the role of Jony Ive. Steve Jobs has been written out of the Applescript...for this lifetime.
MacDav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:30 AM   #181
bronxred
macrumors member

I loves me some iOS, and contrary to public opinion it's great for content creation, but I would never have been able to build the websites or make the music I have on iOS. Pretty sure Apple knows this and will keep "milking the Mac" for as long as they can.
bronxred is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:50 AM   #182
ThunderSkunk
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleWarMachine View Post
Jony Ive...spiritual successor...uh
Heh. Yeabut... Spirit as in "in keeping with the spirit of the company its products and its founder", not, magical fairies and pixiedust kind of spirit.
ThunderSkunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:36 PM   #183
RBR2
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDav View Post
Correction....Jony Ive will continue to play the role of Jony Ive. Steve Jobs has been written out of the Applescript...for this lifetime.
All this talk about Steve is counterproductive. Remember Steve's last advice to the company's leaders which was not to ask what I would do.

The oft overlooked responsibility of the BOD and leader, whatever the title may be, of a company is to prepare it and people within it to carry on in his/her absence.

Despite all of the "what's the succession plan" uproar during Steve's tenure, it should be apparent that he selected and prepared people to carry on. That's a pretty good legacy in my book.

Cheers
RBR2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:52 AM   #184
jalebibai
Banned

my favourite steve jobs
jalebibai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:36 PM   #185
AppleWarMachine
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSkunk View Post
Heh. Yeabut... Spirit as in "in keeping with the spirit of the company its products and its founder", not, magical fairies and pixiedust kind of spirit.
Oh, OK then

iMac; iPad; iPhone; Apple TV...and whatever's next (iWatch)
AppleWarMachine is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion