was Apple Genius correct? iphone 5 water sensors - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:31 AM   #1
pittster
macrumors regular

was Apple Genius correct? iphone 5 water sensors

Ok, so first off here's what happened... I dropped the phone in water for 1 second, dried it off, into rice for 24 hrs... still wasn't working properly.

checked the SIM tray water indicator, and only about 1/8th of the disc at the most had turned pink, it was very subtle.

made myself a Genius appointment at the Apple Store. Was straight up honest and told him I'd dropped it in water.

He took it out back, said he had checked inside and that - quote "all of the sensors have been activated/turned pink". He then went on to say there were a further 3 indicators inside the phone in addition to the SIM tray one.

I always thought there was only one indicator just inside the SIM tray area, I didn't see any others on the iFixit breakdown pics.

I was wondering that if I'd had said nothing about water damage, I wonder whether he would looked at the SIM tray indicator, seen virtually an entirely white disc, thought there was nothing wrong and replaced it for free instead of the 179 I had to pay.

Not complaining by the way... it's my fault, I dropped it in water. I'm wondering whether honesty doesn't always pay

is there more than one water indicator in the iPhone 5?
pittster is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone